ADVERTISEMENT

Beard fired

"Frankly, dropping assault charges can be difficult. Calling the police to ask that the charges be dropped almost never works, no matter what you say"-http://www.lusterlaw.com/page/assau...ault-bodily-injury-texas-family-violence#drop

"If the victimized spouse recants her statements, the prosecutor can still charge the abusive spouse of domestic violence."https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/ut...-charge-university-of-texas-austin-basketball

"Just because a survivor no longer wishes to cooperate doesn't mean the case gets dropped. Unlike a private lawsuit between two parties, criminal cases like domestic violence are handled by a prosecutor's or district attorney's office. Therefore, the case against the defendant will continue even if the survivor recants statements, assuming the prosecutor has enough other evidence available to support the charges. Other evidence of the crime might include: https://www.findlaw.com/family/domestic-violence/the-recanting-victim-and-domestic-violence.html

• Police reports
  • Photographs of injuries or property damage
  • Audio or video recordings, including 911 calls
  • Statements or threats made on social media
  • Medical records
  • Eyewitness accounts"

The odds are against him from what has been reported from media who read police reports. But public and media be damned, everyone gets a day in court in this country and the pressure is always on the prosecution.

Let me be clear, I cheer for UT. This f'en sucks!
The DA can still charge him all they want to, it doesn’t mean much. The million dollar question is if they can prove he strangled her in court beyond a reasonable doubt. From what I read, there are marks on his fiancées face , arms, and legs. No mention on the neck.
The only evidence the prosecution has is Beards fiancée which is now saying he never strangled her and doesn’t deny that Beard was acting in self defense. If she takes the stand saying Beard strangled her, Beards attorney is going to have a field day attacking her credibility in front of the jury since she flip flopped.
Maybe they have more smoking gun evidence, but if not, the prosecution will most likely lose in court.

Last edited:
Terry made what was labeled a lateral move in leaving Fresno St. for UTEP, to have an avenue towards getting back to UT. Then he took a demotion and a pay cut to get to UT. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Beard is an affluent, famous, talented, white man. He will not do time.

I am still waiting for UTEP to give Jim Tressel a 2nd chance, if he ever wants to give college coaching another shot. I'll add Beard to the list of people UTEP should consider. 🤣

Reactions: FarWestTexas
What are the odds that we win the CUSA tourney and bounce UT in the NCAA tourney on a game winning free throw 🤔? Now wouldn't THAT be something!
That sets a chain of events in motion where Texas is forced to hire the guy that has knocked them out of the tournament twice. Senter jumps on the opportunity to bring Terry back.

I’m not exactly going out on a limb with this prediction, but I don’t see Texas finishing any better than 8-10 in conference play. Maybe 9-9.

I know that’ll still probably get them a 7 seed or better, though.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Terry has won 5 games but only one of those is against a q1 or q2 team. He pretty much scraped by overmatched teams. The bad news for Terry is that all remaining games are against q1 or q2 teams. In other words, Terry's coaching is about to get further exposed on the national scale.

Terry has won 5 games but only one of those is against a q1 or q2 team. He pretty much scraped by overmatched teams. The bad news for Terry is that all remaining games are against q1 or q2 teams. In other words, Terry's coaching is about to get further exposed on the national scale.
Texas playing tough D so far in Stoolwater.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Post your thoughts on the Moody — haven’t been yet.
From the outside its night and day. The Frank Erwin Center looks like a 70s building with no creativity in its structure. The Moody center looks like one of those modern luxury mini-mansions that have replaced the old small houses around downtown and east of 35.

Inside it's filled with art around the concourse. I have a pic on my phone of a Willie Nelson piece that I can't find online and it won't let me post it here but it's stunning.

Moody-Center_1.jpg

final_wide_web2.jpg

A ton of options from local restaurants and breweries. Gone are the days of sorry looking hot dogs, nachos, and Budlight. That's still available if you look for it, I assume, but there are much better options. I ate a brisket sandwich from Stubbs.

For the best part; the game experience. It feels like big time college basketball. The students taking up all the premium seats is awesome cuz they're rowdy and make an impact on the opposing team. There really is no bad seat in the house. It's an intimate but comfortable experience. Feels a lot like those new soccer specific stadiums. It got loud a few times with UTEP but I don't think UTEP was able to really bring out the noise in the building. I'll let you know how it sounds on Wednesday night.

From the outside its night and day. The Frank Erwin Center looks like a 70s building with no creativity in its structure. The Moody center looks like one of those modern luxury mini-mansions that have replaced the old small houses around downtown and east of 35.

Inside it's filled with art around the concourse. I have a pic on my phone of a Willie Nelson piece that I can't find online and it won't let me post it here but it's stunning.

Moody-Center_1.jpg

final_wide_web2.jpg

A ton of options from local restaurants and breweries. Gone are the days of sorry looking hot dogs, nachos, and Budlight. That's still available if you look for it, I assume, but there are much better options. I ate a brisket sandwich from Stubbs.

For the best part; the game experience. It feels like big time college basketball. The students taking up all the premium seats is awesome cuz they're rowdy and make an impact on the opposing team. There really is no bad seat in the house. It's an intimate but comfortable experience. Feels a lot like those new soccer specific stadiums. It got loud a few times with UTEP but I don't think UTEP was able to really bring out the noise in the building. I'll let you know how it sounds on Wednesday night.
What a comeback! I went to the Miner game, so I missed it. Crowd loud?

Reactions: JCorona
What a comeback! I went to the Miner game, so I missed it. Crowd loud?
Bro, I’m a Texas/Terry fan now. Intense game. Reminded me of the WKU game a few years back at the Don. My ears are still ringing and my voice is gone.

The added projection video on the actual court is something I didn’t see during the UTEP game.

Bro, I’m a Texas/Terry fan now. Intense game. Reminded me of the WKU game a few years back at the Don. My ears are still ringing and my voice is gone.

The added projection video on the actual court is something I didn’t see during the UTEP game.
Carr let ‘em hang with that shot.

Terry holds on to improve to 7-1 but more importantly 4-1 in the big 12. A bit surprised by his early success so far.
He’s a players’ coach. Maybe that’s just what they needed at this point in time.

If Hunter wasn’t in a terrible funk, they’d be winning more easily.

Reactions: JCorona
He’s a players’ coach. Maybe that’s just what they needed at this point in time.

If Hunter wasn’t in a terrible funk, they’d be winning more easily.
Beard creates a good system.

WTF happened with UTEP under Terry will be discussed for years.

If he's cleared then get him to UTEP ASAP
We let Price rebuild his reputation in El Paso and while his coaching tenure is dotted with mixed success, he was a damn good ambassador for UTEP.

If cleared and available I will not be thrilled, because I believe in giving young up & coming their well deserved opportunity like Beard and Golding were afforded, but he is a top notch X and O’s coach.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
We let Price rebuild his reputation in El Paso and while his coaching tenure is dotted with mixed success, he was a damn good ambassador for UTEP.

If cleared and available I will not be thrilled, because I believe in giving young up & coming their well deserved opportunity like Beard and Golding were afforded, but he is a top notch X and O’s coach.
I wish we would give young up and coming coaches a shot instead of washed up (Dimel) never have beens. But seriously, you would prefer an unproven coach over Beard?

Any successful up and comer will not stay at UTEP. Why not get good results from a proven winner and recruiter? Establish a better program and then go from there and try not to screw it up again!

Serious question? Why exactly do you think Golding is a top notch X's and O's guy.

I wish we would give young up and coming coaches a shot instead of washed up (Dimel) never have beens. But seriously, you would prefer an unproven coach over Beard?
UTEP has given plenty of up-and-coming coaches a shot in both football and basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT