ADVERTISEMENT

beIN & Sinclair want out of next C-USA tv deal

What I meant to say was....man, how far we have fallen. I had to explain over the weekend to a Wac, Cusa, current train wreck novice that we used to play and beat Utah, TCU, BYU, SMU, Memphis, Tulsa, Boise State, etc. you get the point. The current athletic leadership has done such a poor job of conference affiliation it is almost incomprehensible. Meanwhile , the university academic reputation and physical facilities continue to grow and prosper. Apathy and incompetence is Bob Stull's mantra. What a negligent period in our athletic history....

I think ASN has already folded. They haven't sent a Tweet since March 21st and I was told the network was not coming back.
Actually I don't think it's dead but instead is going to be rebranded and improved. Sounds like they may not be interested in C-USA (possibly) but this article indicates that it is going to be more than just the linear ASN but also streaming.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...roduce-new-multiscreen-venture-300439656.html

Also, Sinclair, the owner of ASN, just made a huge investment in more tv stations by acquiring Tribune Media, one of the largest owners of tv stations, many in big markets. If C-USA can manage to stay with Sinclair (ASN) then visibility might improve.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/08/sinclair-inks-3-9b-deal-to-buy-tv-station-giant-tribune-media/

BIEN > ASN, especially now that they've added Robin Carlin:

C_PpAUWU0AEUn8Q.jpg

CGvvqnjU8AExr1o.jpg

CeMq1aIUYAAe-Qz.jpg

Last edited:

Looks like his sources were wrong.

Doug Smock‏ @dougsmock · 2h2 hours ago

Now Stadium Sports (ASN successor) gives me a call telling me they're still interested in C-USA. Came a little late in the game, but ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT