ADVERTISEMENT

BSU vs UTEP

UT-Arlington is D1 and has no football team.

UTSA has the same problem then right? They also do not get money from other events held at the Alamodome, while UTEP gets money from other events held at the Sun Bowl right? How did they overcome this disadvantage?
Don’t know how much money UTEP gets from the Sun Bowl. Couldn’t be much cause other than Monster Trucks how many events are held there. Can’t remember the last big event that they hosted.
UTSA, I would bet, has a lot more donors than UTEP. Just guessing.

Don’t know how much money UTEP gets from the Sun Bowl. Couldn’t be much cause other than Monster Trucks how many events are held there. Can’t remember the last big event that they hosted.
Was it GNR in 2017?

Monster Truck puts UTEP in the black. UTEP would be hurting if it were not for the Monster Truck show.

Monster Truck puts UTEP in the black. UTEP would be hurting if it were not for the Monster Truck show.
When you think about it, there’s really not a lot that UTEP can attract to the Sun Bowl in 2022. There are so many state of the art stadiums in bigger cities that it may be years before a significant concert stops by in our neck of the woods. So monster trucks is really the only thing we can probably attract on a consistent basis.

“Under terms of the new contract, UTSA will reimburse the city$30,000 to $40,000 per game for staffings costs and other expenses. The city also will continue to collect all concession, parking and catering revenues.

UTSA will receive all ticket, souvenir and program sales, as well as temporary advertising rights during its games, and will retain rental and ticket revenue for 50 of the dome's 52 suites. In the original contract, UTSA could retain rental and ticket revenue for 40 suites and had to split the money it received on its other 10 with the city.

Under the new agreement, the city receives all the catering revenue from all the suites and will retain two suites at no cost.

Parking for UTSA games is sold out this season. The price of parking was $120 for the entire six-game home schedule.”

UTEP collects all their parking and concession revenue or at a minimum, is not giving it to the city of El Paso. UTSA has these costs that UTEP doesn’t have. The Alamodome isn’t on their campus either. So they’re busing band and the football team to their own home games.

When you think about it, there’s really not a lot that UTEP can attract to the Sun Bowl in 2022. There are so many state of the art stadiums in bigger cities that it may be years before a significant concert stops by in our neck of the woods. So monster trucks is really the only thing we can probably attract on a consistent basis.
There was going to be this new arena that they were trying to build downtown...

The misery continues.....was thinking of taking UTEP+16 with a late backdoor cover but nah.......bye week cant come soon enough.

Boise 33
UTEP 10

Do we really need to have a football team?
UTEP should cut the football program and start a baseball team. We'd win every game.

UTEP should cut football and start men's soccer. We'd have an amazing local talent team.

UTEP football should hire a local high school coach.

UTEP football should recruit more local talent.

UTEP should play a basketball game in Memorial Gym.

UTEP should join the Mountain West

UTEP should join the Big 12

UTEP should move to Division 2

UTEP should move to Division 3

UTEP should move to FCS

Does that cover them all?

That's such a bs statement. Your saying TWO monster trucks shows keeps UTEP in the black? That's just asinine. You do realize the promoters, drivers, coordinators, announcers, etc get a cut? What keeps UTEP rolling is games at OU, Texas. etc...

BSU 34 UTEP 13
BSU is not the team to play if you're trying to fix the offense...
Hope there's a silver lining somewhere and the Miners get a confidence boost for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
31-13 Boys eat steak.

Sorry if I stole someone’s score. I didn’t feel like scrolling through the three pages to check.

Post game Dimel interview with Teicher drinking game:

“…we were so close…”-One drink

“…we just didn’t execute…”-two drinks

Any Don Knotts/Officer Barney Fife term (I.e-“Golly Gee”)after Jon Teicher throws Dimel a softball loaded question- two drinks

That’s it. Anymore and your liver will tap out.

In year 5 Dimel should have the program ready for a big time matchup tonight. But alas this is UTEP football and instead we can expect more of the same we've seen the last half century.
Naw. “Wait until next year” “He needs his own players” “The last coach left him a mess” “CUSA sucks”

Hello all! Is the Miner vs BSU "game" being broadcast on radio? Chihuahuas are on ESPN 600 (game sounds good over the net).
Any station picking up the broadcast from the Sun Bowl? I'd rather not watch, I've seen enough for now....maybe I'll watch down the road if there is any improvement.

Hello all! Is the Miner vs BSU "game" being broadcast on radio? Chihuahuas are on ESPN 600 (game sounds good over the net).
Any station picking up the broadcast from the Sun Bowl? I'd rather not watch, I've seen enough for now....maybe I'll watch down the road if there is any improvement.
This is weird, but if you go to the UTEP athletics website, it has all that information. Including what radio station it will be on!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT