ADVERTISEMENT

Cactus Bowl: Kansas St vs UCLA

Prospero915

Rookie
Nov 16, 2014
tonight 7:00 pm
ESPN

In case anyone wants to see a preview of what the UTEP offense might look like.

Remember, we have Canales coming in, whose most prolific offenses have been nothing like Dimel run offenses. I guess we're just going to have to wait to find out what kind of O to expect.

Nice win for K-State. Snyder is a wizard at doing more with less — great guy for Dimel to have learned from.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
The offense reminded of Kugler. Only it was the Pistol Formation and the Qb ran the ball instead of the I-Formation with the Rb running the ball. But the playcalling was familiar. Draw, dive, off-tackle, counter, dive, 3 yard pass, draw, etc. But it worked.

The offense reminded of Kugler. Only it was the Pistol Formation and the Qb ran the ball instead of the I-Formation with the Rb running the ball. But the playcalling was familiar. Draw, dive, off-tackle, counter, dive, 3 yard pass, draw, etc. But it worked.

It works with a bigger, tougher QB that can also sling it once the defense closes in to stop the run.

It works with a bigger, tougher QB that can also sling it once the defense closes in to stop the run.
Surprisingly, the KState QB was 6foot, 200 pounds, but he had 20 carries. I'm excited though if we get the son as a transfer that'll be great.

Surprisingly, the KState QB was 6foot, 200 pounds, but he had 20 carries. I'm excited though if we get the son as a transfer that'll be great.

Ertz, the starter injured during the season, is closer to their prototype — 6-3, 212.

Dimel is a fullback.

Last edited:
Announcers mentioned Dimel has already graduated and may follow his dad to UTEP. Also, lots of those QB Iso’s were actually RPO’s. Can’t argue with the results, K-State wore down UCLA and eventually took what they wanted.

I remember in Dimel's press conference he mentioned something like we aren't going to be passing for 650 yards a game and put our defense out on the field for most of the game. So I think we are going to run an offense very similar to KSU's. I have watched a few KSU games since Dimels hire and their offense pretty much runs everything. They run, they will spread it out and pass, they run the QB a lot.

Last night KSU didn't have to pass at all cause UCLA could not stop that shotgun read option play.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I remember in Dimel's press conference he mentioned something like we aren't going to be passing for 650 yards a game and put our defense out on the field for most of the game. So I think we are going to run an offense very similar to KSU's. I have watched a few KSU games since Dimels hire and their offense pretty much runs everything. They run, they will spread it out and pass, they run the QB a lot.

Last night KSU didn't have to pass at all cause UCLA could not stop that shotgun read option play.

I didn’t see the bowl game, but that’s what they do.

K-State lineman weren’t huge. I would say their offense was different than Kuglers in that the O-Line pulled a lot and used downblocks, fold blocks, pin and pulls, etc..Much more active blocking schemes. I think it’s easier to recruit this type of lineman.

Nice win for K-State. Snyder is a wizard at doing more with less — great guy for Dimel to have learned from.

KSU runs the pistol. Kug tried it with Kavika, however, Kavika appeared to struggle with it. You really got to make the SAM or MIKE along with the DE to bite. The QB has to know how to hit the seams like Aaron Jones, have an arm like Jordan Palmer and have moxy and guts like Metz. Right now, UTEP just has the guts and moxy in Metz.

Given Metz’ history concussion history there is no way in hell he can carry the ball 20 times a game. The kid is a gamer but he’s taken too many big hits over the last couple of years, you have to wonder how much football he has left.

Reactions: El Paso 777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT