ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain...

Miners Fight

Starter
Nov 9, 2012
in mature terms, what has happened to the Miners? I'm working 60-hour weeks, none of the recent games have been available to me via television, and I've only been able to follow scores on ESPN. I was a bit shocked to learn that we lost to Southern Miss. I thought our bench team would have been able to beat them. The last game I saw was the La Tech game in which we were no match for their pressure defense or their 3-point shooting.

Are we having injury problems? I know Hunter has been slowed and appeared to be playing very tentatively the last time I saw him. Any others I'm not aware of?

We have some very talented players. If we are getting beaten by inferior teams, there's a reason. Any opinions?

Thanks,

MF

I have said it all year....this team doesn't have the consistent shooting it needs to be the top 25 team it was predicted to be....everyone on this team is very streaky whe it comes to shooting and you can play the best defense in the world but if you can't score and don't have a true point guard then I think you are in store for exactly what we got... A rollercoaster season!

I'm not sure I'm prepared to believe all the "we have no point guard" and the Floyd detractors. the posts sound more like suicide watch. perhaps there are many here expecting the Second Coming of Hardaway or Rivera? we all knew we didn't have a great PG at the beginning of the year, didn't we?

I think we can all agree that Cooper's play has been up and down all year. However, point guard play had little or nothing to do with losing at Southern Miss. The fact that we decided the game was over with 12:00 left did.

Welcome back fight!

I agree with purple. Thursday, UTEP lit up UNT like Chong on a blunt. However, UTEP went cold last week like they did in other important games, and that's been the story of the year.

Second, Floyd's recruiting needs to be questioned. To much attrition and to say it had no affect on this season is a lie, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT