ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Qualities that New AD should be looking for

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
1. a out of state coach that is a strong recruiter in Texas

i was thinking and UTEP needs a coach that can recruit Texas players. Utep is basically a out of state school recruiting in Texas.So i was looking at schools that are out of state schools where they are having success recruiting some good players from Texas. i found one coach at Northwestern. A school that is far away and recently he has been doing well recruiting Texas. Northwestern is not a easy place to recruit. The coach is Randy Bates.

Maybe not this guy but i think this is what the new AD should be looking for.

1. a out of state coach that is a strong recruiter in Texas

i was thinking and UTEP needs a coach that can recruit Texas players. Utep is basically a out of state school recruiting in Texas.So i was looking at schools that are out of state schools where they are having success recruiting some good players from Texas. i found one coach at Northwestern. A school that is far away and recently he has been doing well recruiting Texas. Northwestern is not a easy place to recruit. The coach is Randy Bates.

Maybe not this guy but i think this is what the new AD should be looking for.
I'm sure he is a fine coach but another position coach to head coach? I hope not.

You are 100% right. He has to be able to recruit Texas and get off his ass and go find them. Camp in NT, ET, and Houston.

I'm sure he is a fine coach but another position coach to head coach? I hope not.
Since we're talking about Northwestern, it worked for Northwestern! (Pat Fitzgerald, from LB coach to head coach.)

He was, however, always being groomed to take over for Randy Walker after Walker retired, but Walker suffered an untimely death and Fitz was thrust into the role. He's done well overall, I think!

Further trivia: Randy Walker's last game was the 2005 Sun Bowl.

That's why I really wanted Kugler to work out. Fitzgerald bleeds Northwestern purple and is not going anywhere. I really wanted UTEP to have its own Fitzgerald. Maybe it could be Natkin eventually, but I think he needs some more grooming first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT