ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball 2020- '21

Pod play was a good idea on paper but it didn’t move the needle once executed. Divisions in basketball should give us a little bit of an edge since the west is traditionally weaker than the East.

Only because there were really no teams that it could have helped.

If they do divisions. We would play the other 6 teams twice, I’d imagine for 12 games. Then what do you do with the other 7 teams? Play 18 and you miss 1 team, play all 7 for 19 or double up on 1 team for 20. If you only play 18, you run the risk of 2 top teams not even playing each other once.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Doesn’t really apply to us. Unless we’re going to be putting those speculations for our games vs EastWest CC and NMTech.

I didn't know this?!
Ex-Bowling Green coach apologizes for inappropriate behavior that went viral
foxsportsApr 10, 2015 at 1:16p ET
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In his first comments since being fired from his first Division I head coaching job, Chris Jans apologized for the inappropriate behavior that led to his dismissal from the men’s basketball program at Bowling Green.

"On March 21st I made a mistake for which I sincerely apologize," Jans, the former Wichita State assistant who was fired April 2, said in a statement released today to FOXSportsKansasCity.com and other outlets.

"After our final loss of the season I went to a bar to be amongst friends, became intoxicated and proceeded to act in a manner which was inappropriate.

"I have tried to instill in every student I’ve coached the importance of taking responsibility for one’s actions, and that is what I am trying to do now."

Jans last week was the subject of a viral video allegedly taken at a campus bar on March 21, one in which he was shown touching a female patron’s buttocks and being scolded by another female patron shortly thereafter.

The Falcons had just completed a 21-12 season, Jans’ first after seven seasons in Wichita, and were eliminated in the second round of the CollegeInsiders.com Tournament. It was Bowling Green’s first 20-victory campaign since 2002, and Jans led the Falcons to their first postseason win since 1975.

"I have been completely forthcoming and honest with the Bowling Green State University administration during this process," the statement continued. "I immediately made efforts to apologize to those offended that evening including the woman who approached me that night to chastise me for my conduct. Although I have already apologized to my wife, my family, my players and coaches, I want to now publicly apologize to everyone else, including any one in the BGSU community who may have been affected by this matter — I am truly sorry."

Jans was let go by the university following an investigation into the aforementioned incident.

"The university concluded that Jans’ public conduct failed to meet his obligations as a head coach," a Bowling Green statement explained, "and the expectations that BGSU Athletics has for its coaches."

Jans thanked the Falcons through his statement "for giving me the opportunity to be its head basketball coach" and said he planned "to use the future months and years to improve myself as an individual and to show them that their faith in me as a coach, and a person, was not unwarranted."

You can follow Sean Keeler on Twitter at @SeanKeeler or email him at seanmkeeler@gmail.com.

Steve Forbes initially took the UTEP job but backed out as they offered a hundred thousand more over UTEP, plus or minus. What kind of boosters do they have out there?

Good thing we hired Mr Morals in CRT then huh! We dominated the bottom pod of CUSA this year and are pulling transfers from the Atlantic Sun. Winning conference championships are overrated.

No need to get so irritated someone is trying to poach your coach.... happens all the time

No need to get so irritated someone is trying to poach your coach.... happens all the time

If he left, that would be 3 coaches since 2016. That is ridiculous. How can you have success like that? They seem to have found a blueprint, but how long can that last?

If he left, that would be 3 coaches since 2016. That is ridiculous. How can you have success like that? They seem to have found a blueprint, but how long can that last?
Until they make one wrong hire. We were chugging along nicely until we hired Floyd.

Reactions: Dmanminer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT