ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball news 2018- '19

Now that's how you keep a coach. Too bad he is losing most of his best players. It will interesting if he tries to reload immediate and build up for the next 2 years again

They'll be a perennial power. Beard can coach em up like few others. They will be in the tournament every year probably a lock to get to the second weekend. They wont get to the Final four every year but they'll be a threat. The state of Texas really hasn't had a consistent basketball power outside of Guy Lewis's UH squads in the 80's. Beard is is going to make Tech that consistent powerhouse the state has always lacked.

Reactions: ZonaMiner
They'll be a perennial power. Beard can coach em up like few others. They will be in the tournament every year probably a lock to get to the second weekend. They wont get to the Final four every year but they'll be a threat. The state of Texas really hasn't had a consistent basketball power outside of Guy Lewis's UH squads in the 80's. Beard is is going to make Tech that consistent powerhouse the state has always lacked.
Christ Life, seriously? That contract was "in case UT calls, break glass". TAMU felt the same way about Billy. Hell, UTEP fans got butthurt over his departure. It's Tech.

Christ Life, seriously? That contract was "in case UT calls, break glass". TAMU felt the same way about Billy. Hell, UTEP fans got butthurt over his departure. It's Tech.
Did A&M ever make Billy one of the top five paid coaches in the country?

I agree with your sentiments about Tech. However I honestly font think hes leaving. He could have the glitz and glamour of Vegas and chose Lubbock. Hes being paid a kings ransom. He came within 30 seconds of a national championship. Why would he leave for Austin. He coached in San Angelo and Abilene. Hes one of the few people who's dream job is probably Tech. I just dont see him leaving. He wont leave the state of Texas I guarantee you.

UTEP fans got butthurt over his departure. It's Tech.

I remember that well. I was still working at UTEP then and my boss was in the know. Boosters and UTEP came up with extra cash and offered Billy about 900K. A&M came calling with about 1.2M. Combined with the fact UTEP never had contract with Billy, I can't blame him for leaving.

I remember that well. I was still working at UTEP then and my boss was in the know. Boosters and UTEP came up with extra cash and offered Billy about 900K. A&M came calling with about 1.2M. Combined with the fact UTEP never had contract with Billy, I can't blame him for leaving.
F TAM

I'm not sure how well they can shoot, but I'm excited to see our wing players. Stroud, Archie and Tarke are all a legit 6'6" and will bring a lot of excitement to this team. I also think Verhoeven will be a big surprise for us all.

Is it just me or does the kid from Andress look like a 7 footer?

I'm not sure how well they can shoot, but I'm excited to see our wing players. Stroud, Archie and Tarke are all a legit 6'6" and will bring a lot of excitement to this team. I also think Verhoeven will be a big surprise for us all.

Is it just me or does the kid from Andress look like a 7 footer?
Tarke is a finisher UTEP needs so badly. It was painful watching the offense many times make a good play and unable to finish which fell on EO so much.

Reactions: miner1liner
Nice I’m looking forward to seeing the Bassey vs Williams matchups. Hopefully we end up in the same pod with WKU so we can play them two or three times.

Reactions: axingfools1
Nice I’m looking forward to seeing the Bassey vs Williams matchups. Hopefully we end up in the same pod with WKU so we can play them two or three times.
We will definitely have a lot more to throw at him this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT