ADVERTISEMENT

Current BBall Roster (subject to change)

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
Player Experience
Artis, Dominic 1 YR
Flaggert, Jake 2 YRs
Johnson, Tedric 0 YRs (walkon redshirt)
Thomas, Paul 1 YR
Touchet, Trey 1 YR
Venegas, Ivan 1 YR
Wilms, Matt 1 YR combined
Winn, Terry 1 YR

Incoming signees
Barrett
Barnes
Cameron
Moore
Silva

Also tentatively on the roster
Harris, Omega 2 YRs (not expected to return)
White, Chris 0 YRs (walkon nonqualifier)

By my count, that is 6 scholies with Johnson and Venegas as walkons. With 5 freshmen signed and potentially on scholarship, we would still have two to give if Omega doesn't earn his back or leaves. We are probably looking for another inside guy. Still time and scholies left for Floyd to pull something out of his as...hat.

Probable starting lineup
Artis
Touchet
Flaggert/Cameron
Thomas
Winn

I think the latest news out of Miner HQs has Omega most likely coming back.

Though I've never seen him play in person, I also like Kelvin Jones. There is definitely an intensity that he plays with, and he almost even seems to play nasty at times. I have a tendency to play the wait and see game when it comes to new recruits, but I have a good feeling about KJ. If he does suit up in a Miner uni, that is.

Player Experience
Artis, Dominic 1 YR
Flaggert, Jake 2 YRs
Johnson, Tedric 0 YRs (walkon redshirt)
Thomas, Paul 1 YR
Touchet, Trey 1 YR
Venegas, Ivan 1 YR
Wilms, Matt 1 YR combined
Winn, Terry 1 YR

Incoming signees
Barrett
Barnes
Cameron
Moore
Silva

Also tentatively on the roster
Harris, Omega 2 YRs (not expected to return)
White, Chris 0 YRs (walkon nonqualifier)

By my count, that is 6 scholies with Johnson and Venegas as walkons. With 5 freshmen signed and potentially on scholarship, we would still have two to give if Omega doesn't earn his back or leaves. We are probably looking for another inside guy. Still time and scholies left for Floyd to pull something out of his as...hat.

Probable starting lineup
Artis
Touchet
Flaggert/Cameron
Thomas
Winn
Yeah u missed Kelvin Jones and I don't think your up to speed on the latest with Omega. To be realistic Moore is the only major unexpected loss not coming back. We can't say how good Swiggy would've been, it was all based on what we've heard. Also Utep has one more scholarship to give out and let's hope its on an impact 6-8/6-9 Bruiser.

Yeah u missed Kelvin Jones and I don't think your up to speed on the latest with Omega. To be realistic Moore is the only major unexpected loss not coming back. We can't say how good Swiggy would've been, it was all based on what we've heard. Also Utep has one more scholarship to give out and let's hope its on an impact 6-8/6-9 Bruiser.

At this point in the year, the only bigs left can probably leave bruises, which may be the only "impact" they'll have.

lieb

Reactions: develman

Swiggy is also a "major unexpected loss" based on how great Floyd said he is/was.

Its a Wait n see game right now! Wait n See will Utep make it to Double Digit Wins or not! I hope we're all surprised though, but not much hope!

How could I forget Kelvin Jones? Imagine Cedric Lang only 3 inches taller. He is big and physical which can only help our rebounding.

If Omega comes back, our chances are a lot better but let me remind everyone, he will be on a VERY short leash.

How could I forget Kelvin Jones? Imagine Cedric Lang only 3 inches taller. He is big and physical which can only help our rebounding.

If Omega comes back, our chances are a lot better but let me remind everyone, he will be on a VERY short leash.
So updated starting line up, barring no further defections and Omega staying:
PG- Dominic Artis
SG- Omega Harris
SG- One Of the incoming Freshman
PF- Trey Winn
C- Kelvin Jones/Matt Willms

So updated starting line up, barring no further defections and Omega staying:
PG- Dominic Artis
SG- Omega Harris
SG- One Of the incoming Freshman
PF- Trey Winn
C- Kelvin Jones/Matt Willms
I can live with this lineup. This is a 20 game winner. With luck maybe a little more.

I can live with this lineup. This is a 20 game winner. With luck maybe a little more.
Bench
PG- Trey Touchet
SG- One of the incoming freshman not starting/
SG/SF- Jake Flaggert
PF- Paul Thomas
C- Matt Willms/Kelvin Jones

This is year 7 under Floyd, this lineup should be a CUSA regular season winner and NCAA Tourney caliber team. Not a 20 win season with one of the easiest schedules in the country. Even last years team was almost a 20 win team and we lost to Norfolk State and UT Arlington at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT