ADVERTISEMENT

Div 1 transfer rule undergrad

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Help me boys! Is there any...I repeat any
circumstance where a Div 1 athlete can transfer to another Div 1 school
and play immediately without waiting a year?

1. Grad transfers.
2. Hardship waiver.
So... A junior athlete with no hardship would need to sit out one year and I didn't mention it before, but does "within the same conference" or going to a
different conference have any bearing on the transfer?

It is difficult for a Junior, but it really just depends on the situation. Zach Greenlee transferred to UTEP last year as a Junior in terms of playing eligibility, but he was technically a graduate transfer, since he had already graduated from Fresno State.

OK...The reason for my question was that someone told me a while back that one or both of the Jones boys were considering transferring to a PAC 10 school for better exposure. I said, " no can do" unless they wait a year, but my friend said I was wrong.

OK...The reason for my question was that someone told me a while back that one or both of the Jones boys were considering transferring to a PAC 10 school for better exposure. I said, " no can do" unless they wait a year, but my friend said I was wrong.
You were correct. The only way they could have transferred and play immediately was as graduate transfers or as hardship case. I don't believe either applied at that time. They would have had to sit out a year.

Hold on. Let me get this straight. Your "friend" told you something dumb, you hit with some knowledge, he said you were wrong and you didn't ask him to defend his position by citing anything from the NCAA transfer rule section or anything else. You just accept him telling you, "you're wrong". THEN, you come here, months after the fact and ask us to clarify? Is that about right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT