ADVERTISEMENT

El Paso Times Article - UTEP Basketball

I hope that if the program ever gets turned around to remotely resemble the Glory Days, that I'm still alive to enjoy it. I'm running out of time and pain pills. I was so pumped about the Floyd hire, because of the ties to Haskins that I felt nice and comfy. It's been a long drawn out agonizing affair. No fun anymore!

Well, it sounds like Winn has left the team! Great, just great. Well Wilms, it's up to you now.

Winn, grow up son. He's the coach; you're only young once but good and not so good bosses come and go the rest of your life.

Winn has been drama since he first arrived here in El paso in the summer of his freshman year. It's really no suprise he is gone.

Winn has been drama since he first arrived here in El paso in the summer of his freshman year. It's really no suprise he is gone.
Do u happen to know him or what problems he's caused? Unless your mixing him up with another player I haven't heard of ongoing issues with Winn???

Reactions: UTEP05
You could say the same thing about the head coach....minus the gone part (unfortunately).

Listen I'm not a big CTF supporter now. I was enthused when he first was hired, but that ship has sailed. Winn, whatever happened(short of crime and misdemeanors) just grin and bare it. Even if CTF was and is a self-righteous jerk, he is the coach. Just another blemish(which is becoming a redacted document at this point) on his resume at UTEP. Glad he's recruiting 20 guys for next years team(ad nauseam), because it looks like he will need them, seemingly every year.

Winn was not drama. He quickly gelled with the team as soon as he into El Paso, especially he and Omega and it showed immediately the first time in live action. He stayed out of trouble and he left everything on the court. I hope he comes back.

Jason Williams was reinstated after punching Stefon Jackson and breaking his jaw. Come on Floyd!!! Now given, I don't agree with that one but what could have happened? I wonder if Floyd is just too set in his ways he can't relate to players and properly motivate them.

Reactions: UTEP05
Point blank, Floyd's hire has disappointed and this team is further back in year 7 than it ever was since Rab's. Stull and Floyd need to go, its not good for anybody anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT