ADVERTISEMENT

El Paso Times game coverage

minerdelic

New guy
Mar 29, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

As I sit here with my morning coffee and newspaper I was hoping to see the sharp linguistic wit of Bert Bloomquist breaking down last nights debacle. Not only do I not see that, but, unless I am crazy, which is possible, I don't see ANY Utep basketball coverage whatsoever. If that is the case, wow, Exhibit A of how far we've fallen.

I watched Stull's reaction last night as the game slipped away. He was easy to spot as there were only 12 people in the stands. Completely oblivious or he just doesn't care. Probably both. Something has to change. The AD should not have tenure. He acts like he does.

As I sit here with my morning coffee and newspaper I was hoping to see the sharp linguistic wit of Bert Bloomquist breaking down last nights debacle. Not only do I not see that, but, unless I am crazy, which is possible, I don't see ANY Utep basketball coverage whatsoever. If that is the case, wow, Exhibit A of how far we've fallen.

I watched Stull's reaction last night as the game slipped away. He was easy to spot as there were only 12 people in the stands. Completely oblivious or he just doesn't care. Probably both. Something has to change. The AD should not have tenure. He acts like he does.
At least we know Stull is alive and ambulatory. I thought maybe he passed away and no one realized it.

Reactions: CubsFan81
At least we know Stull is alive and ambulatory. I thought maybe he passed away and no one realized it.
v1.bjsxODE0Njk7ajsxNzE0NzsxMjAwOzIwNDg7MTUzNg

Weekend at Stullsie's.

That's exactly it - apathy. And here's the kicker, the UTEP Athletics environment is such that any members of the press that are in any way critical (i.e.,doing their job) get iced out. That's why Knight is as critical as a toddler in a candy store and that s why Kaplowitz gets his own press conference and that s why Darren Hunt gets shunned (also, Lovell doesn t want to jeopardize his free game media buffet).

Reactions: UTEP05

Funny you posted this thread. Last Saturday's sports page in the El Paso Times had an article about the Miners's victory but it was on page four!! I was appalled!! Wow!! I just can't believe the state the program is in for the local newspaper To feel it is not newsworthy!! I remember the days when the Times and the Herald Post had Miner Basketball taking up the whole front page in the sports section. I think I am going to go break out those newspapers I saved to reminisce.

Funny you posted this thread. Last Saturday's sports page in the El Paso Times had an article about the Miners's victory but it was on page four!! I was appalled!! Wow!! I just can't believe the state the program is in for the local newspaper To feel it is not newsworthy!! I remember the days when the Times and the Herald Post had Miner Basketball taking up the whole front page in the sports section. I think I am going to go break out those newspapers I saved to reminisce.
AMEN brother!

Reactions: mikesarabia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT