ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Well the WR who has supposed to visit this weekend just committed to Utah State, so it will be interesting if he does show up...

Well the WR who has supposed to visit this weekend just committed to Utah State, so it will be interesting if he does show up...
Are you taking about Carter who originally committed to us. Or did we lose another 3star WR to them?

Confirmed: Hankins staying put.

I went back and looked and Hot For Keitha had the correct inside information on Locksely committing and then signing with us last year, so he has a good track record. This would be great news for our program and honestly is something that I was not expecting that we would really have a chance at a year ago.

Confirmed: Hankins staying put.
giphy.gif

Reactions: MINER.JAY
I went back and looked and Hot For Keitha had the correct inside information on Locksely committing and then signing with us last year, so he has a good track record. This would be great news for our program and honestly is something that I was not expecting that we would really have a chance at a year ago.
Yeap he’s spot on with his information.

AJ Carter set up a visit to UTEP for this weekend, but committed to Utah State this week, let me see if I can find out what's going on or if he canceled.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
This is a solid offer from Dimel and staff, they should offer the Coronado kicker too, some of the best kickers I've seen in El Paso in a very long time....

Reactions: MinerManiac
AJ Carter set up a visit to UTEP for this weekend, but committed to Utah State this week, let me see if I can find out what's going on or if he canceled.
Wouldn’t that be something. Kid commits to us then decommits. Visits Utah St and commits. Visits UTEP then decommits from USU. To complete the full circle commits back to UTEP.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Wilson Jr. doesn’t necessarily jump out on film, but he seems to be a decent addition. 247sports lists him as a 3 star with two Pac 12 offers(Utah and Washington State). He even took an official visit to Washington State last month, so the reported offers seem legit. He also appears to be a good student as he had an offer from Yale, so I would assume that qualifying won’t be an issue.

Our coaches have now pulled in two 3 star high school players from California this week. There has been a drop in the quality of our California recruits ever since we moved over to CUSA and we stopped playing the California schools in our own conference. Based on my research, this is the first year that we have signed multiple 3 star guys from California since 2006......which is 13 years ago!

If the current commits sign, then this year will also be the most 3 star guys that we have signed in a single class since 2012. Kugler signed a total of eight 3 star guys during his entire 5 years here. Dimel is already at eight 3 star players in just 2 years. If Armonie Brown gets added to the current commits, then we will have five 3 star players this year, all of them high school players.

Last edited:
Wilson Jr. doesn’t necessarily jump out on film, but he seems to be a decent addition. 247sports lists him as a 3 star with two Pac 12 offers(Utah and Washington State). He even took an official visit to Washington State last month, so the reported offers seem legit. He also appears to be a good student as he had an offer from Yale, so I would assume that qualifying won’t be an issue.

Our coaches have now pulled in two 3 star high school players from California this week. There has been a drop in the quality of our California recruits ever since we moved over to CUSA and we stopped playing the California schools in our own conference. Based on my research, this is the first year that we have signed multiple 3 star guys from California since 2006......which is 13 years ago!

If the current commits sign, then this year will also be the most 3 star guys that we have signed in a single class since 2012. Kugler signed a total of eight 3 star guys during his entire 5 years here. Dimel is already at eight 3 star players in just 2 years. If Armonie Brown gets added to the current commits, then we will have five 3 star players this year, all of them high school players.
What stands out on his film to me is the he versatility at the JUCO level, he may not have great speed but he’s explosive and played all over the field in different packages and tackles well, like the quality of some these JUCO guys.

Reactions: jdubb66
What stands out on his film to me is the he versatility at the JUCO level, he may not have great speed but he’s explosive and played all over the field in different packages and tackles well, like the quality of some these JUCO guys.
Hes not juco, hes still in hs lol. Makes getting him even better. But yes watching his film, hes not an ultra athletic demigod like were seeing in the nfl but he does have size, and his fundamentals look good, he sets the edge well, and is stout vs the run and has good pursuit. more like a legit lb than speedy pass rusher. Also has a knack for the ball. Seems to have that peanut tillman punch lol

Reactions: UTEPDefense
247 hasnt updated armonie browns page bcs he doesnt have social media im guessing. Thats where they get most of their stuff then they confirm with the ncaa or other sites on offers etc. About armonie tho, hes a legit fbs talent. He showed out at camps vs top recruits which explains his decent offers. Other players from refugio whove gone d1 werent really doing what he did with the exception of 4 star jaylon mascorro, (cousin of trace) the qb who went to nmst. I think he got in trouble with grades which is why hes not playing. Its hard to evaluate small town players vs of their comp but brown did show out vs other top talents at camps etc

Armonie does have social media, but you can't find him by searching for his name. His Twitter handle is @Monieb51. I also don't see 247 mention the TE laufenberg that committed and I believe is already enrolled.

Reactions: Rgvutep
Armonie does have social media, but you can't find him by searching for his name. His Twitter handle is @Monieb51. I also don't see 247 mention the TE laufenberg that committed and I believe is already enrolled.

Youre right, he just tweeted his commitment so expect 247 to update it by tomorrow. Thats why it wasnt updated lol. Only the victoria newspaper had reported his commitment, he hadnt until today

Reactions: minerpride31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT