ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Correct, WR.

Transfer Portal WR's: Trevon Sidney USC; Eric Kumah, VT; Kyle Davis, Auburn/FAU (Dismissed from Auburn. No catches while at FAU); Bru McCoy, USC (Officially went to Texas); Tavin Richarson, Kentucky; LaMont Wade, Penn State (officially removed his name from portal); Juwan Johnson, Irvin Charles, Brandon Polk, these three were with Penn State.

Rest of the WR field who are undecided:

Lawrence Cager, Miami
Irvin Charles, Penn State
Benaiah Franklin, Purdue
Carmoni Green, Illinois
Justin McGriff, Nebraska
Keith Mixon, Mississippi State
Montel Parker, Texas A&M
George Campbell, Florida State
Griffin King, Auburn
Keyston Fuller, Duke
Marquez Ezzard, Miami
Benaiah Franklin, Purdue
Audie Omotosho, UCLA
Samuel Denmark, Virginia Tech
Rashad Blunt, Rutgers
Kainoa Wilson, Washington State
Josh Imatorbhebhe, USC

C'mon Bigwood. Give us something! Scoop this :p

Rumors are Tavin Richardson wants to be the "go to" WR, saw his numbers diminish and another WR (Bowden) has taken over. However, Kentucky is hot on the heals of a four star recruit and supposedly Kentucky staff have courted this 4 star as their #1 WR. If this transfer wants to be the big chingon UTEP is the right place because the church candles for UTEP to get a receiver are getting deep.

Got some more info about visitors last weekend...

Apparently we had a shitload of blue shirt prospects visit EP last week along with some unofficials, so we actually might sign a larger class than most of us expected, I don't have names or positions or where these prospects are from, some of ya'll have posted their twitter pics from last weekend, I doubt the quality of these prospects are high but Dimel is trying I guess? Not sure what to make out of it at all.

This weekend there might be some more quality, but from my experience covering UTEP football recruiting, this class will be a typical Kugler class if Deion Hankins doesn't sign. Not very promising in my opinion, but we'll shall see how it unfolds before jumping to final conclusions.

Reactions: JCorona
Every commit or signee from today until next week will have a question: blue shirt, grayshirt, or 2019 scholly, think you can put this kid under the scholly category, solid pick up for us.
I think there is a 60% chance that either Tech or TCU swoop in and romance this guy out from under us.

Had an offer from LSU.

UTEP has gotten some really good recruits in the last couple of days. Great job by the staff.

Brown, Broussard and Rudolph are listed as 3 star recruits.

Last edited:
I worried about Baylor with Hankins.

I assume this is based on the tweet below. Baylor’s Head Coach and basically 1/3rd of their entire coaching staff were in Northeast El Paso yesterday. Obviously, they all didn’t come out to El Paso and use their valuable recruiting time one week before signing day, just to visit a player who has already signed with them. The logical guess is that they all came out to make a late push for Hankins and then also visited Williams while they here. This means that at least Arkansas and Baylor have now made known late pushes for Hankins. It will be impressive if he turns them down and stays with us. Honestly, it would show a lot of loyalty and commitment that is not often seen these days. I am hopeful.

After Mascorro and Herring, I have a hard time evaluating Refugio kids simply because they are playing against 2A competition. That is the lowest level of 11 man football in the state Texas(1A is 6 man football). I remember that Mascorro(also from Refugio) looked like a monster on his HUDL film and we signed 2 Refugio kids who were both gone within two years and there was a major question whether either of them were legit D1 players. NMSU also signed a Refugio kid last year who is no longer on their roster either.

While Brown does seem to be manhandling a lot of 190 pound offensive linemen in his video, I am hopeful that he might be different. He appears to move really well and he apparently he had D1 offers including Syracuse(per 247sports). He was also the State Player of the Year for 2A and I believe that Qaudraiz Wadley was the last State Player of the Year that we signed and that has worked out really well for us.

Here is an article just posted about Brown. It looks like he will be visiting this upcoming weekend:

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/ad...cle_7062b7ba-2433-11e9-83b1-1f852ff5bda4.html

Had an offer from LSU.

UTEP has gotten some really good recruits in the last couple of days. Great job by the staff.

Brown, Broussard and Rudolph are listed as 3 star recruits.

According to the artcle below, as of just a couple of months ago Rudolph still had not taken his ACT. It appears that colleges were waiting on him to become eligible before offering, which explains why his offers seem odd. I am wondering if he will be a grey shirt who will work to qualify as a freshman in 2020?

https://247sports.com/Article/DL-Ja...ers-recently-visited-Arizona-State-123213202/

I assume this is based on the tweet below. Baylor’s Head Coach and basically 1/3rd of their entire coaching staff were in Northeast El Paso yesterday. Obviously, they all didn’t come out to El Paso and use their valuable recruiting time one week before signing day, just to visit a player who has already signed with them. The logical guess is that they all came out to make a late push for Hankins and then also visited Williams while they here. This means that at least Arkansas and Baylor have now made known late pushes for Hankins. It will be impressive if he turns them down and stays with us. Honestly, it would show a lot of loyalty and commitment that is not often seen these days. I am hopeful.

Ummmm....and too visit an El Paso billionaire who practically built their new football stadium, perhaps? It's worth the time and airfare. I'm just throwing that pile into the box fan because it would be too highly suspect; but having one of Baylor's wealthiest alums in El Paso's backyard is a game changer. Is El Paso ready to dethrone Permian Basin football? Nope. But with one of the former Big XII's best asst. coaching recruiter's trying to rebuild a mid-major, you know the Big XII is watching him.

But speaking as a parent, no way in hell (no pun intended) would I allow my kid to attend that program given their recent history.

Ummmm....and too visit an El Paso billionaire who practically built their new football stadium, perhaps? It's worth the time and airfare. I'm just throwing that pile into the box fan because it would be too highly suspect; but having one of Baylor's wealthiest alums in El Paso's backyard is a game changer. Is El Paso ready to dethrone Permian Basin football? Nope. But with one of the former Big XII's best asst. coaching recruiter's trying to rebuild a mid-major, you know the Big XII is watching him.

But speaking as a parent, no way in hell (no pun intended) would I allow my kid to attend that program given their recent history.
McLane who is a very humble man would agree with you that Foster “practically built their new football stadium” but insiders would say otherwise.

Thanks for the info. I wasnt aware Rhule was in El Paso. That takes my concern level from 7.5 to 9.9. I think we will know how this one goes by Friday. If he shows up in Waco for a visit hes almost certainly gone.

1/3rd of the Baylor coaching staff, including their Head Coach, is not wasting their valuable recruiting time exactly one week before signing day to come out and visit a donor. They are recruiting.
That's why I said "'m just throwing that pile into the box fan". Second, a person who "earmarked" over one third of his donation to the business college to go towards a new football stadium is not just a donor.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT