ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ticket Prices!

Reactions: picks up
It is ridiculous. Senter and the garbage that he pedals can take a hike. I for one have had enough of UTEP athletics and I wont be renewing any of my season tickets this year. That athletic department is an embarrassment to the university and the city of El Paso.

Also no mention of Family packs in their article. Senter is a joke and has no clue on the sad reality of his football program.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
https://utepminers.com/documents/2020/1/31//2020_UTEP_Football_Ticket_Prices.pdf?id=13577

$20 GA and up for Texas Tech
$16 GA and up for NMSU
$14 GA and up for USM
$12 GA and up for the other 3

Tickets were $10 last year. Imagine raising prices after going 2-34 the last 3 years and going 1-17 at home during that timeframe. Utterly ridiculous!
The funny part to me is that they classified Southern Miss as a premium game by charging a little bit more for that game. They aren't a rival or a game that fans look forward to every year. I guess they are one of the best teams in the conference but we aren't competitive enough to charge more for playing the best team in the conference. "Pay a little bit more to come watch us get blown out by the best team in the conference!"

I hate to agree with 1992 but he's right on this one.

The funny part to me is that they classified Southern Miss as a premium game by charging a little bit more for that game. They aren't a rival or a game that fans look forward to every year. I guess they are one of the best teams in the conference but we aren't competitive enough to charge more for playing the best team in the conference. "Pay a little bit more to come watch us get blown out by the best team in the conference!"

I hate to agree with 1992 but he's right on this one.

Exactly, as that is one of the main problems with CUSA, we don’t have any true rivalries or “Gonzaga/Boise-ish” type teams. If you want to tell me Rice is a rival, I‘ll let it slide. Maybe UTSA as well, but everyone else, give me a break! Charging more for Tech is understandable, but the others, **** outta here!

I can see it now. Senter will be posting about how "full" the stadium looks due to the wonderful renovations. Without mentioning that the overall seating has been reduced.
A full stadium does look nicer. IMO chair backing the gold section would bring it down to the ideal capacity of 40k.

The argument is that once we start winning we will sell 50k tickets. What about the other 95% of the time when we’re losing?

Everyone is building smaller stadiums with more amenities. UTEP should follow that model with future renovations.

A full stadium does look nicer. IMO chair backing the gold section would bring it down to the ideal capacity of 40k.

The argument is that once we start winning we will sell 50k tickets. What about the other 95% of the time when we’re losing?

Everyone is building smaller stadiums with more amenities. UTEP should follow that model with future renovations.

Not only that, but they should tarp most of the side of the stadium across from the press box. Limit it to 30 rows and you can always remove the tarps if the team ever wins( fat chance)

Just crazy! Is Senter trying to drive off fans or just plain dumb?

just plain dumb. There’s no way you can justify higher ticket prices for 5 of those games, you just can’t. It’s only $2, but that’s not the point.

Fans won’t put up with losing football anymore, everyone is tired of it, except for a few cheerleader honks.

Not only that, but they should tarp most of the side of the stadium across from the press box. Limit it to 30 rows and you can always remove the tarps if the team ever wins( fat chance)
It’s kind of shitty, how instead of saying we should build luxury boxes there, we would settle for tarps.

Oh I agree. The Sun Bowl looks awesome when its packed. I would like it to be a 45k seat stadium. With individual chairs. Those benches are horrible

The reason Southern Miss game is higher is because that is most likely the Homecoming Game. Not saying the game will be packed but usually Homecoming Games are more expensive.

"Everyone is building smaller stadiums with more amenities. UTEP should follow that model with future renovations."

or

+

If you are going to charge those prices, you better step up the amenities game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT