ADVERTISEMENT

Football vacancy

@GymCenter only likes the missionary position and white Christian men to lead his revenue sports. So bland and boring, I’m done with UTEP athletics till he’s gone, I’m gonna rage drunk all day today in Vegas. Send donations to my cash app for bail money.

Hoping Marion is taking another HC job and not Jimmy fumbling the bag again. Could money have been an issue and then the #2 choice swooped in?

Since UTEP and Tio Jimmy are skipping over Marion, he’s going to be successful.

Reactions: nattybry
@GymCenter only likes the missionary position and white Christian men to lead his revenue sports. So bland and boring, I’m done with UTEP athletics till he’s gone, I’m gonna rage drunk all day today in Vegas. Send donations to my cash app for bail money.
Walden is a solid choice, as would have been Marion. Let’s see what his staff looks like, and what he does with the portal. I think we can all agree here that Senter did well:

-Dimel is long gone
-Went young
-No UTEP ties (area ties)
-HC experience
-Hurry up offense

Picks up Dicks up!

Well, he did hire Rodney, but he didn't have a neck tat...at least not that I am aware of.😀

I hear he wears a swim suit in the shower to stop him from looking down on the unemployed.

Nothing wrong with missionary or christian ...

No one cares what color you are as long as you can get the damn job done. Seems to me others have passed on Marion. He appears to be a good up and coming coach I would love to have here too, but Scotty seems a better fit for now.

It's also ok to be a week long drunk in vegas. I'll do that twice next year. That doesn't mean you need be ridiculous.

BTW......Blondies by the Paris...All you can drink during happy hour....great food too. Great service....MUST go to...

Walden is a solid choice that most everyone would've been happy about if not for the possibility of hiring Marion. I'm happy with the hire, it's a different direction that what we've gone dating back all the way to Gary Nord probably. I think it will probably be easier to move on from him if he doesn't succeed after 3 years.

I think for the last couple hires it's actually been a better career move to be the runner-up on utep coaching searches so most of us won't be surprised when Marion succeeds whereever he ends up.

I told Steve K, I really thought it was gonna be Marion, but I'm sure his image didn't fit what Senter and Wilson were looking for. Not saying it was race, but definitely an image that didn't fit their "Mold" with hat said Walden was a solid #2

Headed to Vegas for Christmas. Interesting tip, but I guess I could drink and drown at the tables for "free."
Go to the bank and get 100 bucks worth of $2.00 bills (yes they exist). Tip your waitress the first time with a duece and she'll keep coming back for more.

“Energy and enthusiasm perfectly describe Scotty Walden’s approach to coaching football. On October 28, 2020, Walden was named the head coach at Austin Peay, making him the youngest coach at the D1 level at 30 years old. This isn’t his first head coaching job. At 26, he led East Texas Baptist to a 7-3 season producing one of the top offenses in D3 football.

In 2017, Scotty Walden made an immediate impact on Texas Baptist and was quickly identified as one of the brightest and youngest offensive minds in the country. At the time, current Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said this of Walden:

Really looking forward to this program letting go of an offensive game plan that was long ago chiseled in stone. Who knows how the defense will shape up, but it sounds like Walden will implement an offense that will move the ball and put points on the board. That alone has me excited to see what happens in the next couple of years.

I am a huge Raiders fan and did the Allegiant stadium tour this year.

But I can’t stand being in Vegas. Maybe I’m the only one. But it’s ridiculously expensive, it’s dirty, crowded, overpriced, overhyped, hot…… not for me. I enjoy the eye candy, but overall, been a few times and each time vow to never return.

I glad Senter did go with Marion, better offense than what we watched for the last nine years, but still run oriented. What to get back to the “ Flying Miners”.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Plot twist: Dana Dimel is hired as offensive coordinator

Just kidding. Hopefully he's the right guy for us.

Welcome to El Paso coach!

Reactions: utep-piggy
I am a huge Raiders fan and did the Allegiant stadium tour this year.

But I can’t stand being in Vegas. Maybe I’m the only one. But it’s ridiculously expensive, it’s dirty, crowded, overpriced, overhyped, hot…… not for me. I enjoy the eye candy, but overall, been a few times and each time vow to never return.

Vegas was great 15-20 years ago. Now not so much.

Reactions: kickballpro
Meh. None of the choices were that exciting, but Marion was the "most" exciting.

We will find out very quickly if Walden is worth it. We have to do well in the portal and that is coming today.
For once I think Senter went after talent that is operating in 2023 and not a variation of a set popular in the late nineties.

We're showing progress. Before Dimel it was the pre forward pass days that Aaron Jones helped look progressive in the twentieth century.

You seem to know a lot about Jim's sex life.

I've been with a few Christian women. That stereotype is definitely false.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT