ADVERTISEMENT

Former Miner wins Powerball

Hot For Keitha

All Star
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2012
Hearing former UTEP football player Russell Carr was one of the winners in last night's $1.6B Powerball drawing.

Maybe he can renovate the Sun Bowl.

Last edited:
Russell***

Where did you hear this? Two things I have heard line up with his potentially being the winner.

1.Winner is in Chino (he is from Chino)
2.Winner is a 27 yr old male..not sure how old Russ is but I know he is around this age.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCorona
The Sun Bowl stadium is fine, and will last for many more years. Especially if you go to a game at NMSU or UNM.

The Sun Bowl stadium is fine, and will last for many more years. Especially if you go to a game at NMSU or UNM.
Thinking like that will keep UTEP in C- USA for the foreseeable future. It needs to upgrade for the 2010s and will help out the bowl game as well.

The Sun Bowl already has a huge renovation project in the works, Stull has already stated this.

The Sun Bowl renovation is, according to sources, one of Stull's last great accomplishments before he rides into the sunset. I'm hoping it will not only bring the stadium up to par, but will be one of the best renovated stadiums in country. I'm being told it will be referred to as the Jerry World of the West......OK, I kid but at the very least I hope it's one of the better venues of the College Football world.

Reactions: Carlosergio
The Sun Bowl renovation is, according to sources, one of Stull's last great accomplishments before he rides into the sunset. I'm hoping it will not only bring the stadium up to par, but will be one of the best renovated stadiums in country. I'm being told it will be referred to as the Jerry World of the West......OK, I kid but at the very least I hope it's one of the better venues of the College Football world.

I was looking at old UTEP football player photos (dedicated to previous UTEP athletes) on Facebook and that press box has not changed other than the roof top that was redone to match the Bhutanese architecture of the campus. (I wonder if former UTEP football veterans are still mad at UTEP because of the old astro turf? One particular player has made claims that he wants nothing to do with UTEP because the old turf shortened his productive NFL career by causing wear and tear on his knees).

Stull has said he wants to fill in the South End Zone and cut off part of the East Stands to add luxury suites.

He said the hardest seats to sell are the East Side high rows and the easiest are the endzone. So get rid of the hard to sell seats, add more easy to sell seats, and build a revenue generating sky box.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I was looking at old UTEP football player photos (dedicated to previous UTEP athletes) on Facebook and that press box has not changed other than the roof top that was redone to match the Bhutanese architecture of the campus. (I wonder if former UTEP football veterans are still mad at UTEP because of the old astro turf? One particular player has made claims that he wants nothing to do with UTEP because the old turf shortened his productive NFL career by causing wear and tear on his knees).
Not just the latex paint that they used on the 50- yard line.

Whenever I've heard Stull talk about renovations to the sun bowl he's only mentioned the luxury suites, restrooms and infrastructure kind of stuff...never heard about the south end zone filled in with seats. I've always believed we should fill in that end zone with the Sun Bowl game in mind but Stull has always answered in an "ehhh" sort of way when asked about that.

Exactly, why is Fili all of the sudden digging up years old threads? I am beginning to sense Fili is Music/Chihuahua/ and whatever other handle was used.

Im not just digging up old threads, im digging up threads from exact date. I bet none of you even noticed.

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Im not just digging up old threads, im digging up threads from exact date. I bet none of you even noticed.
I think you need some glasses. The original thread is from 2016 and out of the blue you are replying to that thread yesterday?? What is the relevance?

I think you need some glasses. The original thread is from 2016 and out of the blue you are replying to that thread yesterday?? What is the relevance?

I just wanted to know if Russell Car won the power ball? If Rivals doesnt want us replying to old threads then they would delete them. People here just like to complain and think they are in charge.

Mr. basketball rec person is the star of this thread for the (I’m guessing) point that any miner with $$$ must give to UTEP athletics. What a kid mentality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT