ADVERTISEMENT

Free throws is a Problem but I think Depth

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
is just as big of a problem. People on this board have brought it up before someone is going to have to burn a Redshirt. IF Winn is healthy I think he needs to play.

Again, it far too late in the season to burn anyone's redshirt. We're not going waste someone's year to play the last 7 games of the season. Unless we're down to 5 players or something. 8 players has pretty much been the norm around here for as long as I can remember. Hooper's playing well enough. He's doing what he has to - eating up 15 to 20 and not hurting us too bad. When (if) Willms gets back, we'll be 9 deep, and that's good enough.

No way is a redshirt going to be burned at this point. Listening to coach Johnson on the post game, rotation has been messed up with Wilmms injury. It is what it is and I think we'll be alright.

This post was edited on 2/7 7:14 PM by allminer

Yeah, I can see how a messed up rotation can mess up free throws, right...SMH

You're right. Make free throw and no one will be talking about depth. I dont see it as a problem, only Vint's minutes have gone up. Everyone else is playing the same minutes they have all year.

If we're worried about minutes, we have 4 games vs. Rice, North Texas, UTSA, and at USM in our last 7 games. How bout not screwing around and getting Vint and Stallworth a lot of minutes and actually get Victor Mbachu off the bench for 5 minutes?

This post was edited on 2/7 9:42 PM by STexMiner

On the plus side, vint has held his own so far.

He's s little sloppy on the defensive end at times, but he's still making his presence known which I like

I was wondering about Mbachu myself, STex. He played important minutes last year, and held his own. I understand the importance of working Stallworth into the rotation, but Mbachu surprised most of us last year with his solid play. Can't he play a few minutes, just to add to our depth chart?

I was wondering about Mbachu myself, STex. He played important minutes last year, and held his own. I understand the importance of working Stallworth into the rotation, but Mbachu surprised most of us last year with his solid play. Can't he play a few minutes, just to add to our depth chart?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT