ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2 OPT: Southern Utah at UTEP

Southern Utah 20
UTEP 38

Attendance - 36,500

Why are you starting the thread? JeeberD was closes with 41-15 score.

Utep 30
S Utah 10

Attendance Sell out.
El Paso will show up and sell it out. There is nothing better to do on Saturday.

He should have done it then. I’m sure he won’t be crying about it. Thanks for keeping tabs on who was “closes”.

It's barely Tuesday. It was a holiday weekend give people time to get back.

UTEP 20
SUU 23

ODDMAKERS

"Southern Utah vs UTEP Prediction
I’m staying with UTEP but probably not touching it. This matchup should give us a clearer picture of each team, as they’re both coming off tough first games. The Miners’ stats were pretty brutal: 205 yards (149 passing) gained; 507 yards (284 passing) given up. Additionally UTEP posted 12 first downs and 3-of-10 on third down tries while surrendering 30 first downs and 11-of-17 on third-down conversions.

As for Southern Utah, no one expected much against Utah in Week 1, and that’s what we got. The Thunderbirds managed just 150 total yards (71 passing) and nine first downs to go along with their 13 penalties. Southern Utah should look better here but I don’t think they’ll end up covering."-pickdawgz.com

Last edited:
Last year, Southern Utah held their own against Arizona State, performing better than we’ve managed against Power teams. They also kept it close against Scotty. Expect another tight matchup.

UTEP 28
Southern Utah 24

Attendance 38,962

Reactions: Lil_Train
We cant afford to lose this game. I look for the team to run, run, and run some more. look for the passing game to have big shots down the field. Two QBs play again and with two 100 yd. runners. I want to see Jolly get time runs in the game.
final score Magic Miners 42
SUU 21
I expect 42,200 to show up...
get there early and beat the crowd.

UTEP 31
SUU 24

Attendance 37.5k

I think this one is close. This team isn’t a grind it out team and I think the talent difference is much closer than what any of us care to admit. The other downside of the style is that we might not be able to comfortably run out the clock if we get a big lead which could have SUU hanging around longer than they should.

I would be surprised if we see more than a handful of “wow” plays; I hope he saves them for when we’ll need them later in the season

Reactions: utep-piggy
I love it! Our future conference rival talking mess. I hope it sparks a fire under Uncle Jim’s ass that FCS schools and coaches are so loose-lipped.

And the Juarez comments…my guy is playing super villain, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s trying to close Annunciation House too!

Cedar City probably has one gas station, and it's where the whole town hangs out. Half the population's pumping gas while the other half is inside fighting over the last tall boy of natural ice.

I don't mean to be a stickler for facts, but Cedar City's population is almost 40,000.

I want to change my prediction. There will be pain Saturday night in El Paso.
Well, UTEP played one dimensional/"clock managment" football under Kugler and Dismal Dimel for 13 years!

Scotty comes in, creates hype and up tempo offense. The opponents are gonna talk poop "show me what you got UTEP" football. As we saw, even Colorado is still throwing shade at UTEP.

But, this happened under Price in 2003. Memphis sports writer Dan Wolken (now with USA Today) was constantly throwing barbs and shade at UTEP.

However, this is a small tier head coach. Are you kidding me? Coach Scotty, you have to defend El Paso's and UTEP honor. Pummel them. Go ahead, run up the score if opportunity provides itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT