ADVERTISEMENT

Garrett Simpson

minerdefense

Starter
Jan 8, 2007
I think Metz looked great and really moved the team but can someone tell me what happened to Garrett Simpson who was the number two QB going into the season?

I don't think he's hurt if he is the holder on kicks.

I dont wanna speculate but I just think he's been in Kug's doghouse. I believe he had grade/school issues last year and was suspended from the team for awhile. Maybe Metz got the nod cause he's actually gotten game reps in the previous two games, albeit in garbage time. Or maybe they just feel Metz is the better of the two, we all saw his potential yesterday.

Also it doesn't help that Simpson injured himself like a bonehead celebrating a TD during a scrimmage.

There was a PAT try yesterday where he wasn't on the field and Metz stayed out to hold. Maybe Simpson was pouting on getting passed over, maybe he just wasn't aware....either way he ain't winning good graces with Kugler.

Playing politics always creates collateral damage and sometimes it's hard to repair the damage that's created.

Since Ryan Metz's granddad is Leon Metz, does he know every starting UTEP qb for the I-10 rivalry since back in the day? Just wondering....

Reactions: TortugaEP
Have no idea what Simpson's high ankle sprain status is right now, but I'm not surprised he's holding. You don't need a lot of mobility to hold the football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT