ADVERTISEMENT

Golding introduction press conference thread

He uses the third-person a little much for my liking, but that's the only thing I heard that I didn't like. He's got so much energy and is so excited...I love it!

If he can recruit like Beard then we better start raising money for his raise now.
I really don't get the recruiting questions marks. For his conference level he recruited good enough to have 3 NCAA quality teams in a row. He wasn't competing against the UTEP's or the Houston's of the state. Imo now that he stepped up he will continue to have talented teams that will be competing for CUSA titles.

I really don't get the recruiting questions marks. For his conference level he recruited good enough to have 3 NCAA quality teams in a row. He wasn't competing against the UTEP's or the Houston's of the state. Imo now that he stepped up he will continue to have talented teams that will be competing for CUSA titles.
Well because he hasn't done it here yet so I'm sure you do get it, but let's hope it's a non-issue

Anyone think Boum is Austin bound, or going back to Cali?

As productive as he was at times, I don’t think he fits Goldings “not-culture”.

Joe Golding doesn't mess around. Joe Golding is gonna make the Miners winners. It won't take Joe Golding 10 years to turn things around. When Joe Golding talks to Joe Golding every morning in the mirror he says, "Joe Golding, today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Anyone think Boum is Austin bound, or going back to Cali?

As productive as he was at times, I don’t think he fits Goldings “not-culture”.
My guess is that he won't be back. However, the one time transfer rule does not apply for him. He will need a waiver, and it sounds like it will be more stringent. Verhoeven, Agnew, Kennedy, and Bieniemy are all in the same boat. Also, it may come down to whether Golding retains Matson as an assistant. I do hope that core stays on board, and Holding is able to add pieces via the portal.

Last edited:
My guess is that he won't be back. However, the one time transfer rule does not apply for him. He will need a waiver, and it sounds like it will be more stringent. Verhoeven, Agnew, Kennedy, and Bieniemy are all in the same boat.
Are you sure? He already sat out his transfer year so I think he could get the immediate one-time transfer (especially after the covid season). Same for Tydus, Boum and Kennedy.

Bieniemy, Sjolund and Agnew no.

Are you sure? He already sat out his transfer year so I think he could get the immediate one-time transfer (especially after the covid season). Same for Tydus, Boum and Kennedy.

And if not the one time transfer, he’s gotta be close to graduating. Grad transfer?

You bring up a good point axing. This is what I read "Current athletes who have already transferred during their careers do not qualify under the new rule—they cannot transfer again and be immediately eligible without filing a waiver." It sounds like even those guys who sat out a year would need a waiver, but who knows with the NCAA.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT