ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga likely to Big 12

I imagine B12 would pick up another school to pair them with. Will be interesting to see who else they would bring in for b-ball and if it improves the media rights deal they just signed.

UTEP needs to start kicking ass in Basketball. If they can have a consistent winner, and have football at 6 wins here and there, that might be enough for the MWC.

I imagine B12 would pick up another school to pair them with. Will be interesting to see who else they would bring in for b-ball and if it improves the media rights deal they just signed.
BYU.

BYU is already going to the B12 (along with Central Florida, Cincinnati & Houston)

I've seen some speculation on various boards that B12 may still expand once UT/OU leave and some believe the "Corner Schools" may be in play. (Arizona, Ari. St, Utah & Colorado)

The B12 is becoming a strong basketball conference it seems.

BYU is already going to the B12 (along with Central Florida, Cincinnati & Houston)

I've seen some speculation on various boards that B12 may still expand once UT/OU leave and some believe the "Corner Schools" may be in play. (Arizona, Ari. St, Utah & Colorado)

The B12 is becoming a strong basketball conference it seems.
The big wild card is if OU/TX/ESPN come up with the $$$ to get out of the GOR early. It could still happen.

It really, really sucks that UTEP doesn’t have the political muscle that Baylor had in the 90s. Baylor was included when 4 SWC schools joined the Big 8 to form the Big 12. Gov. Ann Richards and others forced the issue leaving Houston, TCU, SMU, and Rice as remnants without a home.

If UTEP had any political muscle I’d be pushing on those politicians to strong arm the Big 12 to include UTEP if they decide to invite Gonzaga. I mean, Baylor was nothing when they became part of the Big 12. Look at them now.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Times were different. If Oklahoma St can’t stop OU and Cal can’t stop USC and UCLA from leaving, then UTEP has no shot

Reactions: chuwy9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT