ADVERTISEMENT

Great win for the Miners

against a PAC 12 team. Hopefully this win gives the team some confidence and momentum right before conference play. The season can still be salvaged if they continue to win.
Better than losing.

Watched on FB live and major love by them towards UTEP. Mirrored on to a big screen with my sucious in central. Nice way to spend a saturday.

Amazing free throw shooting!

Atrocious defensive rebounding the 1st half, but good D and rebounding 2nd half.

Thomas had a quiet but nice game. He is coming back around.

Willms return was a big suprise!

Omega is extremely efficient now and taking good shots. I just wish he would score more.

Frazier has been a savior for this team, even though he takes a few BS 3s sometimes.

Osborne needs to bring his game inside the 3 point line.

Touchet had a nice drive and Tirus a nice 2 handed slam and a few tough rebounds.

Flaggert took 1 charge. He is breaking records.

Mcgee and Gilyard are both doing a nice job for freshman PGs. They are complementing each other well.

Wade I'm afraid is MIA mentally.

When Johnson went to ball control with 2 minutes left and up 5 points I was screaming my head off to keep playing. I hate that 4 corner bullshit. Its worse than the prevent defense in football.

Watched on FB live and major love by them towards UTEP. Mirrored on to a big screen with my sucious in central. Nice way to spend a saturday.
Hey 2step!
Thanks for the lead on the Facebook video. Tell me more. How do you get the link and notification on the games? Is there a CUSA connection? Isn't this the second game they've done? Will there be more? What a great joy to watch the game tonight. Thanks again!
Why am I paying for a subscription to Miner TV when I don't get any games...stats only????

Hey 2step!
Thanks for the lead on the Facebook video. Tell me more. How do you get the link and notification on the games? Is there a CUSA connection? Isn't this the second game they've done? Will there be more? What a great joy to watch the game tonight. Thanks again!
Why am I paying for a subscription to Miner TV when I don't get any games...stats only????

You watch all the games here: https://www.facebook.com/watchstadium/

The other UTEP games are on January 27 @ Middle Tennesee and February 22 vs. Louisiana Tech.

Atrocious defensive rebounding the 1st half, but good D and rebounding 2nd half.

Omega is extremely efficient now and taking good shots. I just wish he would score more.

Frazier has been a savior for this team, even though he takes a few BS 3s sometimes.

Touchet had a nice drive and Tirus a nice 2 handed slam and a few tough rebounds.

Mcgee and Gilyard are both doing a nice job for freshman PGs. They are complementing each other well.

When Johnson went to ball control with 2 minutes left and up 5 points I was screaming my head off to keep playing. I hate that 4 corner bullshit. Its worse than the prevent defense in football.
Really like Gily #3. The guy showed poise, even though his shot wasn't going down.

Reactions: unihorn
Nice win. Was at a party and couldn't keep up with the game. Liking the result, tho.

Chock one up for ESPN predictor, having us at 78% to win this one.

Reactions: axingfools1
21-22 from the free throw line. That's solid
That will not happen again for a very long time. It doesn't happen often at any level of hoops even with extremely disciplined teams just based on the sheer physical and mental demands of a live game.

I agree with the assessment axingfools1. I can see how a team like WSU beat some solid teams, but has also lost three in a row now. Their offensive game is almost exclusively from the three point line. As Johnson mentioned, they have 4 shooters on the floor which makes it tough to defend all of them. Obviously, teams have adjusted based on previous games. I thought their defense was spotty. For us, it was a struggle throughout, and we did well to pull the game out at the end. Great free throw shooting will allow for that. Again, I thought our offense was too stagnant going down the stretch, but we were able to make just enough shots, and played pretty good defense down the stretch. I thought Gilyard did a good job on the defensive end, as well as driving and getting fouled. I still think he has a shoot first mentality, and needs to try to get his teammates good looks more. I thought Willms looked slow, but you have to like his effort in playing with his injury. Osborne was again pretty much a non factor, and that is a concern. Wade, as has been mentioned, showed absolutely no interest from the bench, so the writing on the wall will likely apply to him. I did like that Johnson experimented with Magee, Gilyard, and Omega in the lineup at the same time. We are getting so little production out of Osborne and Flaggert offensively, that I can see using this lineup when possible. Frazier played his typical game, which is a good thing. Overall, we have many areas to improve, but we will definitely take the hard earned win at home.

This whole defense issue is some bull. When you come to practice and work hard everyday and still get no playing time, Its hard to be in a game mentally. It's a clear case, you got a coach that's therebfor them senior guys and doesn't care about building future players cause he not going to be there. Wade defensively was not bad and averaging 1.2 blocks a game is definitely not bad for freshman SG playing out of position. So everyone need to stop with defense bull.

This whole defense issue is some bull. When you come to practice and work hard everyday and still get no playing time, Its hard to be in a game mentally. It's a clear case, you got a coach that's therebfor them senior guys and doesn't care about building future players cause he not going to be there. Wade defensively was not bad and averaging 1.2 blocks a game is definitely not bad for freshman SG playing out of position. So everyone need to stop with defense bull.
Yeah I feel the same way, but that's all we've heard so far. Teicher has had 2 chances to give us info by asking Coach Braswell, but he hasn't (likely intentionally) because there is something brewing. My guess is Wade was a Floyd guy so he is no longer interested in UTEP? Hope I'm wrong, but after his brother's tweet its hard to think he won't be gone soon.

Reactions: TW3miner
Yeah I feel the same way, but that's all we've heard so far. Teicher has had 2 chances to give us info by asking Coach Braswell, but he hasn't (likely intentionally) because there is something brewing. My guess is Wade was a Floyd guy so he is no longer interested in UTEP? Hope I'm wrong, but after his brother's tweet its hard to think he won't be gone soon.
As I said before, Floyd gave Wade the highest possible praise saying he would develop into one the greatest Miners before the end of his career. It remains an unsolved mystery how such a talent can be ignored. The problem has to have very deep roots to waste away on the bench. It's obvious that he has given up on the team and vice versa. He sat out all of last year and now he's doing an encore? Absolutely confounding!

Maybe he did something and got sat a couple of games, hoping he comes back we need him this year to make a run.

Reactions: miner1liner
That will not happen again for a very long time. It doesn't happen often at any level of hoops even with extremely disciplined teams just based on the sheer physical and mental demands of a live game.

If omega and gilyard keeping driving it in they can have great ft shooting games. But if its Frazier thomas drawing the fouls in the paint it will be bad.

Reactions: axingfools1
Again, I believe that Coach
As I said before, Floyd gave Wade the highest possible praise saying he would develop into one the greatest Miners before the end of his career. It remains an unsolved mystery how such a talent can be ignored. The problem has to have very deep roots to waste away on the bench. It's obvious that he has given up on the team and vice versa. He sat out all of last year and now he's doing an encore? Absolutely confounding!

What else is he supposed to do? When your coach lose faith in you, what other options do you have? In College BBall, coach are just as fickle as the players, if you get on the coach bad side or he just decides he doesn't like you, what else can you do but start over else where?

Reactions: El Paso 777
Again, I believe that Coach

What else is he supposed to do? When your coach lose faith in you, what other options do you have? In College BBall, coach are just as fickle as the players, if you get on the coach bad side or he just decides he doesn't like you, what else can you do but start over else where?
Like with another coach at UTEP next year? Johnson needs to consider that unless Wade has made up his mind already (Which is certainly possible).

That depends on the Coach UTEP hires if he stays or not. I feel he wants to play but when a coach not going to play you, what can you do? But UTEP rehires Johnson, I think you definitely lose Wade

Reactions: El Paso 777
That depends on the Coach UTEP hires if he stays or not. I feel he wants to play but when a coach not going to play you, what can you do? But UTEP rehires Johnson, I think you definitely lose Wade
Right but he would want to transfer at the end of the semester so he can be eligible for the 2nd semester next year. We will know by the end of this week I think.

Reactions: TW3miner
This for me as far from a great win.... this should be an expected win... yes this team is from the PAC 12 but they are expected to finish I think dead last...

I hope whoever the new coach is becomes more aggressive with scheduling.. I love seeing teams like this on the schedule...

Reactions: Dmanminer
This for me as far from a great win.... this should be an expected win... yes this team is from the PAC 12 but they are expected to finish I think dead last...

I hope whoever the new coach is becomes more aggressive with scheduling.. I love seeing teams like this on the schedule...

Going by how the season started it was far from an expected win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT