ADVERTISEMENT

WKU @ UTEP MBB game thread etc

groundrounds

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2017
The Mountains of New Mexico
This will be a very tough game. UTEP doesn't fare well against good defensive teams. Luckily, WKU isn't very effective on the road. Lets hope that trend continues.

Hopefully Golding got some good clues from the WKU/NMSU game where the Aggies came back from a 23 pt deficit to win by 2.

Miners 70
WKU 68

I watched the WKU/NMSU game. Aggies came back by hitting 64% from 3. They were dull in the first half and sharpened up midway through the second.
Hilltoppers best guard had a very cold game.
WKU is going to see a very different situation at the Don because they won't be able to cruise up the court into their half court offense.
WKU has a deep bench and so do the Miners.
It'll be close but I think the home team wins.

I rewatched the last 10 minutes. WKU had an easy time getting to the basket against the Miners. I hope that gets cleaned up. Without that great offensive game the Miners would have been run out of the gym.
As far as I can tell, that's our defensive philosophy. If you don't give us the ball in the first 15 seconds of the shot clock, you get a free layup (and you get a free layup, etc.).

As far as I can tell, that's our defensive philosophy. If you don't give us the ball in the first 15 seconds of the shot clock, you get a free layup (and you get a free layup, etc.).
I think it's a picking your poison situation. Shut down the 3 and give up the layup. It was the 3 that allowed wku to erase a 16 pt deficate against the Aggies and pull out a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT