ADVERTISEMENT

guard play

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
We have 4 scholarship guards playing right now. 2 are freshmen. 3 are first year players. At least 1 is leaving after this year. UTEP cannot afford a mass exodus of players again this year. We have to find a way to keep what we have now and add depth that can play. Hopefully, Lee Moore, our JC signee will transfer with no problems and maybe we can sign one more good guard. If we can't do those 3 things, fuggetabatit.

Agree. Our bigs would have so much more room to operate inside with some steady guards that can CONSISTENTLY spread the court out by draining from the perimeter. Just as importantly, I think we need a floor general in particular. As athletic and raw as Harris is, he's not in the mold of true PG. He is great to have as an additional guy who CAN bring the ball up the court during a press, but I just haven't seen many of the qualities that would lend to that QB mentality that a good PG has. Lew embodies more of the qualities imo, but he is not as gifted athletically, and at this point it limits his ability to be effective. I could see him being really good as a junior/senior. I like Morris, and with this year under his belt, he's going to be real good next year I believe. I hope Lee Moore works out. Not quite the PG we need, but a hell of a shooter, and scorer. A solid PG remains our gaping hole at this point, and not sure if that's gonna change next year. The pickins are slim at this point, but I'd love for CTF to find an under the radar pg that's got that "IT" factor. Feel like it would take us closer to where we need to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT