ADVERTISEMENT

Howard Jackson

Agree. JLH 2006 and Buckram 2009 were pretty electric too
If Nathan Jeffrey had stayed healthy, I think his potential was through the roof. He was just hampered by nagging injuries that didn’t necessarily force him to miss many games but he wasn’t the same either after the injury against OU. I’ll never forget the way he ran against the Sooners his sophomore year. I thought he was destined for greatness.

Aaron Jones is great and one of the best. But i still think Howard Jackson was the best RB ive seen at Utep. It was a shame he never made a NFL team.

Do yall think Aaron jones is the best RB in miners history?
Aaron Jones is by far the best RB in Miner history and he has the numbers to prove it

Torraino and Smith were beasts. I remember meeting a starting UTEP linebacker back during the Smith days who said he hated practicing against Smith because he was such a powerful rb.

I got the privilege of seeing Singleton live on the field during his playing days and while he didn't possess Jones footwork, speed and balance he had sheer power and strength like a semi truck going 80 down I 10.
Torriano Singleton was incredible. I’m glad you remember him

Agree. JLH 2006 and Buckram 2009 were pretty electric too
JLH was something else. I remember when UTEP almost beat Texas Tech at home you could tell those defenders were dumbfounded trying to stop him.

If we’re talking electric players I think 2000 Lee Mays deserves a mention. That guy balled out that year along with Brian Natkin, and if I remember he even made Sports Center with a one handed catch in the end zone… but I can’t remember the opponent.

JLH was something else. I remember when UTEP almost beat Texas Tech at home you could tell those defenders were dumbfounded trying to stop him.

If we’re talking electric players I think 2000 Lee Mays deserves a mention. That guy balled out that year along with Brian Natkin, and if I remember he even made Sports Center with a one handed catch in the end zone… but I can’t remember the opponent.

Lee Mays was a phenomenal athlete and a proud UTEP supporter. I saw him at several football games, even when he was playing with the Raiders already. I got to meet Natkin at the Union also, nice guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT