ADVERTISEMENT

I don't understand it.

The call was made because the time keeper did not start the clock as soon as it was inbounded to Omega. Their theory is, had the clock started on time, Willms would not have had enough time for the tip in buzzer beater. Still bullshit.

The clock did not start on time, so the Refs disallowed the bucket because of that. The Paul Thomas foul call prior to that was a bigger issue in my mind. At the end of the day this was a close game between two even teams, our Senior missed two free throws at the end and their Sophomore made 2 free throws at the end. Frustrating.

Is there a way a formal complain can be filed against these referees so at least they are out for the rest of the season ?

Watch this a little slower, does #25 put two hands into Paul Thomas' back and push him into the shooter???

Officials should never determine the outcome of a game but once again, lousy officiating in C-USA. Officiating has been inconsistent throughout. That should have been a non-call when they hit Thomas with that last foul and then to take away Wilms' basket. I can't stand this crap conference and their jr high quality officials.

Aren't official timekeepers neutral? The person running the game clock is not an official employed by UTEP (or the home team in any case). So, why was UTEP penalized for this timekeeping error? Whether DA missed two key FT's or the foul call on Thomas was suspect doesn't matter, when at the end of the game there's video evidence proving UTEP had rightfully won the game.

Yeah. A ref isn't supposed to make a subjective assumption about time. If the time keeper ****ed up, then he ****ed up. It happens all the gd time. **** that ref. Gotta go with how it played out despite the screw up...if there really was one.

Reactions: allminer
I'm stunned Floyd didn't punch Ref Rogaine:

giphy.gif

The clock did not start on time, so the Refs disallowed the bucket because of that. The Paul Thomas foul call prior to that was a bigger issue in my mind. At the end of the day this was a close game between two even teams, our Senior missed two free throws at the end and their Sophomore made 2 free throws at the end. Frustrating.

I thought refs are not allowed to review that call unless they stop the game while the clock is still running, not after the fact.

ESPN just said, about the game, "looks good to me."

I've been watching ESPN to see if they say anything about the snub we got and all I've seen for the last 20 minutes is Steve Kerr being asked what's wrong with the Warriors because they lost 2 in a row for the first time in over 140 games.

Smh. Artis missed free throws again...Didn't we lose another game because he missed them too :(

Yes, unfortunately, Artis was given the ball when we had a 1 point lead and 18 seconds left at UNM this year. Artis missed the front end of the 1 and 1, then UNM came down and won the game on a jumper. Let's hope that he knocks them down if he gets a 3rd chance.

I've been watching ESPN to see if they say anything about the snub we got and all I've seen for the last 20 minutes is Steve Kerr being asked what's wrong with the Warriors because they lost 2 in a row for the first time in over 140 games.

Our game was just on SportsCenter again.

Like they said on the post game: 1)The officials start the clock; not anybody from UTEP. 2) How many times during the course of the game is the clock started...after time-outs, fouls, out-of -bounds, etc. The only time it mattered tonight was when it cost us the game. Coach Johnson was very outspoken about one particular referee who made the call on Thomas and said they even warned them pregame about the maneuver of kicking the foot out to get a foul called...exactly what happened. So ridiculous to lose a game this way. Every call and every break went against us in the end and Artis too.

Last edited:
The claim the t.v. the clock started a milli second too late is total bull. If I were Floyd, next game I'd ask to review the start of the clock after every stoppage. Just total bull and bush league in my opinion if this came ODU's bench. ODU has nothing to celebrate except a bush league win.

ODU fans talking shit cuz some UTEP fans threw bottles in the court. Did anyone see them throwing thrash on the court?

I totally expected the Miners to get the ball in Touchet's hands, 100%. Disappointed in this failure.

I think that everybody agrees that Touchet is probably the best option, but if I remember correctly, wasn't Touchet the one who inbounded the ball on that play? Floyd had a time-out and drew that play up, so if my memory is correct about this, then I have no clue why Floyd chose to have his best Free Throw shooter in-bound the ball, by doing that Floyd took his best FT shooter out of the play.

I think that everybody agrees that Touchet is probably the best option, but if I remember correctly, wasn't Touchet the one who inbounded the ball on that play? Floyd had a time-out and drew that play up, so if my memory is correct about this, then I have no clue why Floyd chose to have his best Free Throw shooter in-bound the ball, by doing that Floyd took his best FT shooter out of the play.
Correct, Trey did inbound the ball, but quickly stepped inbounds and was open after passing inbounds to Dominic. As Dominic inexplicably just stood there with the ball, Trey moved to about mid court and was covered.

Officials should never determine the outcome of a game but once again, lousy officiating in C-USA. Officiating has been inconsistent throughout. That should have been a non-call when they hit Thomas with that last foul and then to take away Wilms' basket. I can't stand this crap conference and their jr high quality officials.
Perfectly said! I've been tweeting that on Twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT