ADVERTISEMENT

I give UTSA one year...

Oh please.

Why would UTSA want to "copy" a school that doesn't win bowl games or ncaa tournament games and barely even goes to them?

If you had a fast food restaurant would you want to copy the 39 cent hamburger stand or McDonald's?

Oh please.

Why would UTSA want to "copy" a school that doesn't win bowl games or ncaa tournament games and barely even goes to them?

If you had a fast food restaurant would you want to copy the 39 cent hamburger stand or McDonald's?
Maybe because they’ve copied everything else we’ve done. UTEP university established decades before UTSA, UTEP had already won a National Championship in Basketball before UTSA even dreamed of having a team, UTEP had been playing football for 100 years before UTSA played a down of football. Dont forget that UTSA had to borrow our football practice equipment because they had none.

By the way how many bowl games and NCAA tournament games has UTSA won?

UTEP university established decades before UTSA, UTEP had already won a National Championship in Basketball before UTSA even dreamed of having a team, UTEP had been playing football for 100 years before UTSA played a down of football. Dont forget that UTSA had to borrow our football practice equipment because they had none.

By the way how many bowl games and NCAA tournament games has UTSA won?

I didn't know UTEP had the right to being the only college, basketball program, and football program in the United States. Because UTEP had those first, UTSA is specifically copying UTEP?

If UTSA borrowed UTEPs equipment, wouldn't UTEP have to approve of that? I'm 100% positive, UTSA can't just come and take whatever they want. If UTEP didn't have a problem lending equipment to UTSA, why would you?

They have 1 NCAA win in 2011 and are 0-1 in bowl games for their 8 year old program. They beat Baylor this past season and have more wins over P5 teams in 8 years than UTEP has in 51.

Again, they are not copying UTEP. It would be like copying off of a D- student on a test.

I didn't know UTEP had the right to being the only college, basketball program, and football program in the United States. Because UTEP had those first, UTSA is specifically copying UTEP?

If UTSA borrowed UTEPs equipment, wouldn't UTEP have to approve of that? I'm 100% positive, UTSA can't just come and take whatever they want. If UTEP didn't have a problem lending equipment to UTSA, why would you?

They have 1 NCAA win in 2011 and are 0-1 in bowl games for their 8 year old program. They beat Baylor this past season and have more wins over P5 teams in 8 years than UTEP has in 51.

Again, they are not copying UTEP. It would be like copying off of a D- student on a test.
Nope they just have to recognize we were first.

I don’t have a problem lending them our old beat up equipment.

Very impressive beating a scandal ritten program by one possession. It’s not as impressive as winning a play in game in the tournament.

Yes they copy everything we’ve done. Who was our top choice for AD and where did she end up?

Nope they just have to recognize we were first.

I don’t have a problem lending them our old beat up equipment.

Very impressive beating a scandal ritten program by one possession. It’s not as impressive as winning a play in game in the tournament.

Yes they copy everything we’ve done. Who was our top choice for AD and where did she end up?

Why would they have to recognize that? Wouldn't they rather be copying UT instead? When did UT become a college and have sports teams? Did UTEP copy them and does UTEP recognize that they did?

How many scandal ridden teams and play in games has UTEP won recently?

Our alleged top choice for AD ended up there and I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove. Obviously Campos wanted to work there. UTSA didn't come and draft her. Be thankful she did because we have Senter and not some Boob Stull lackey. She probably would have hired Greg Foster and Rocky Perez as head coaches.

Again, not sure why you think they are copying and for that matter care what UTSA does.

Why would they have to recognize that? Wouldn't they rather be copying UT instead? When did UT become a college and have sports teams? Did UTEP copy them and does UTEP recognize that they did?

How many scandal ridden teams and play in games has UTEP won recently?

Our alleged top choice for AD ended up there and I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove. Obviously Campos wanted to work there. UTSA didn't come and draft her. Be thankful she did because we have Senter and not some Boob Stull lackey. She probably would have hired Greg Foster and Rocky Perez as head coaches.

Again, not sure why you think they are copying and for that matter care what UTSA does.
The point I’m trying to prove is that they have obviously looked at our program and said hey if El Paso can do it so can San Antonio. Why borrow our football equipment instead of buying their own? Or why not borrow from a program closer to them? We had the AD position open first. We had our top three finalist. A few days later UTSA AD position opens up and who do they hire? The front runner from the UTEP search committee. Once again proving they were keeping an eye out in West Texas.

Remember when we had a good senior bowl and San Antonio thought they could do a better job? How did that end up? Another example of San Antonio trying to copy what we do.

6a00d83451c9c869e20147e264b4cf970b-pi

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Maybe they thought Campos was an attractive candidate. Just so happened she was interviewing here. Do you think only UTEP and NAU knew who Lisa Campos was????

I am not sure why they borrowed equipment from UTEP and it doesn't matter. UTEP allowed it, end of story. We're similar sized colleges in the UT system.

You have it wrong. The "senior bowl" that was here, was really successful the first year and then like most things, El Pasoans realized it was junk and stopped buying tickets. So they moved to San Antonio to try their luck there.

To top it off, UTEP and UTSA don't have anything to do with it. An independent promoter handles that game. They paid UTEP to use the Sun Bowl and paid the city of San Antonio to use the AlamoDome, which UTSA doesn't even own.

I'm done with this subject. Nobody is copying UTEP and your knowledge/rational is as poor as the fans attending the Town Halls asking about baseball and moving to the MWC.

Maybe they thought Campos was an attractive candidate. Just so happened she was interviewing here. Do you think only UTEP and NAU knew who Lisa Campos was????

I am not sure why they borrowed equipment from UTEP and it doesn't matter. UTEP allowed it, end of story. We're similar sized colleges in the UT system.

You have it wrong. The "senior bowl" that was here, was really successful the first year and then like most things, El Pasoans realized it was junk and stopped buying tickets. So they moved to San Antonio to try their luck there.

To top it off, UTEP and UTSA don't have anything to do with it. An independent promoter handles that game. They paid UTEP to use the Sun Bowl and paid the city of San Antonio to use the AlamoDome, which UTSA doesn't even own.

I'm done with this subject. Nobody is copying UTEP and your knowledge/rational is as poor as the fans attending the Town Halls asking about baseball and moving to the MWC.
Ok cool. When you go to Walmart make sure to pick up a UTSA shirt to go along with your Loyola shirt.

Reactions: paydirtpetetatt7
Ok cool. When you go to Walmart make sure to pick up a UTSA shirt to go along with your Loyola shirt.

So because I didn't agree with your stance on "copying" I am a UTSA fan? What compliments did I pay them?

As for Loyola, I simply pointed that school that gets 1/4 the attendance and plays in a dumpy arena can get good players that win NCAA games, while a bigger budgeted school like UTEP has been unable to. If that makes me a fan of those teams, so be it.

God forbid.

I would say the majority of UTEP fans, especially the ones 65 and older are idiots. They have no real concept of how the sports world works. Some think its just as simple as asking or trying. Right now, UTEP has nothing to offer the MWC and they won't be joining until they do.

UTEP needs to worry about UTEP. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

So because I didn't agree with your stance on "copying" I am a UTSA fan? What compliments did I pay them?

As for Loyola, I simply pointed that school that gets 1/4 the attendance and plays in a dumpy arena can get good players that win NCAA games, while a bigger budgeted school like UTEP has been unable to. If that makes me a fan of those teams, so be it.
I thought you said you were done with this subject.

I am. I am no longer debating UTSA copying UTEP.
Ok I’ll answer your two questions.

1. A few years ago we had a huge flame war with UTSA over on the CUSA board. The topic was who copied who. Naturally UTEP fans argued we are the original and they copied us. And of course UTSA fans countered saying we copied them. Long story short anyone associated with UTEP defended UTEP and anyone associated with UTSA supported UTSA. Where do you fall?

2. You were asking for Floyd’s job after year four. Prior to this year the Loyola coach had been there six seasons with zero NCAA tournament appearances and zero NIT appearances. The best they had finished in conference was 5/10. They gambled and stuck with their coach and it paid off. We gambled and stuck with Floyd and got burned. But since their gamble even though very similar to ours netted them a deep run now they are a better basketball school than us. The double standards are strong.

Ok I’ll answer your two questions.

1. A few years ago we had a huge flame war with UTSA over on the CUSA board. The topic was who copied who. Naturally UTEP fans argued we are the original and they copied us. And of course UTSA fans countered saying we copied them. Long story short anyone associated with UTEP defended UTEP and anyone associated with UTSA supported UTSA. Where do you fall?

2. You were asking for Floyd’s job after year four. Prior to this year the Loyola coach had been there six seasons with zero NCAA tournament appearances and zero NIT appearances. The best they had finished in conference was 5/10. They gambled and stuck with their coach and it paid off. We gambled and stuck with Floyd and got burned. But since their gamble even though very similar to ours netted them a deep run now they are a better basketball school than us. The double standards are strong.

1. I hear what you're saying and to me, its just not copying. UTSA would copy a more successful school. That's all I am saying. There is no evidence of "copying". I personally don't care what UTSA does. Let them do them.

2. He at least won the CBI and transitioned into a better league. And Loyola does not have UTEPs support, facilities, or so called tradition. So for them to keep a coach, its understandable because they sucked and had no expectations. Now, they are a better basketball school. Do you think they will let a coach go 6 seasons with just a CBI appearance anymore? No. UTEP used to have standards, maybe with Senter they will get back to them. For sure Loyola won't go 30 years in between appearances.

2. You were asking for Floyd’s job after year four. Prior to this year the Loyola coach had been there six seasons with zero NCAA tournament appearances and zero NIT appearances. The best they had finished in conference was 5/10.
They did win the CBI one year, though. (Yes, I do think that counts for something. It's not prestigious, but it's winning a championship in a tournament setting.)

Reactions: ShovelMan66
While doing some reading last night on UTEP athletic budgets I stumbled upon an EPT article with further proof of UTSA wanting to copy UTEP.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/sp...illion-dollar-loss-only-part-story/455716001/

Here’s the quote if you want to skip the article.

"When UTSA started up football, they came here to learn how to do it: pep rallies, their hand signs are similar to ours. They wanted to have the environment we have.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT