ADVERTISEMENT

I have an exciting idea...

MINER63

MI Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2004
Vail, Arizona
alanfolsom-joethephilosopher.com
You may not like it but you have to admit it's exciting:

I say let's take Kugler's idea of recruiting El Paso talent to the extreme. Let's recruit ONLY guys from El Paso and see what happens. It will draw attention, kinda like Boise State's blue football field. It worked for Boise, why not us?

Last edited:
They're all solid sound ideas. I will continue to recruit the strip clubs. Cheers............

Reactions: UTEP05

I say let's take Kugler's idea of recruiting El Paso talent to the extreme. Let's recruit ONLY guys from El Paso and see what happens. It will draw attention, kinda like Boise State's blue football field. It worked for Boise, why not us?

How would it be exciting????

El Paso high school football never wins anything east of Van Horn. How could there be any future in that scenario?

Not true. I've heard much worse ideas.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the David Lee era was the worst program in UTEP history and with the lack luster leadership of the AD and his staff, it was compounded, IMO. UTEP had dismal seasons prior to arrival, but Lee was an embarrassment and I wish no ill will but the damage he put on UTEP was long lasting. The man ran a dunder headed program.

For example, coaches, at their choosing, send some video to each that is a common practice leading up to their game that show their basic formations and such. Not all coaches practice this but it's to promote good will and sportsmanship. David Lee, the brilliant, sent a video to Hawaii for an upcoming game, however, towards the end of the video was the actual game practice plan (plays, schemes, etc) that Lee was going to employ against Hawaii!! The Hawaii coaches were stunned but kept tight lipped about it until Lee was no longer at UTEP. He would also run the same plays three times in a row during series (no, Kugler wasn't the first to do this). Oh wait, here an oldie but goodie from the Lee era: Former UTEP players under Lee actually admitted (to the media) that in some parts of Texas, their high school coaches and players shared amongst themselves that if they did not get a D1A offer, "there was always UTEP" to walk on and earn a scholarship to play D1A football if they didn't want to go to a lower division school. How degrading!

My point is, chin up, UTEP has been in way, way worse situations. UTAH did rack up 83 on the miners over thirty five years ago.

Actually El Paso football has stretched past Van Horn. It's east of Midland/Odessa we're having problems with now.

Actually El Paso football has stretched past Van Horn. It's east of Midland/Odessa we're having problems with now.
Are you thinking of Monahans or Pyote ...or possibly No Trees or Wink? Have we played any of them?

chloe.gif

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT