ADVERTISEMENT

I hope the men's team loses out the rest of the way.

No...he wouldn't, and won't. UTEP's not going to pay out on a contract with three years remaining on the deal. Unless Floyd resigns, retires, or finds another job, he'll be back in 2016-17.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
This has been discussed a million times. But the answer is yes. In college it falls on the coach. His guys and his job to prepare them and have them ready to play.

giphy.gif

Reactions: MINER63
Actually it is- he recruited them and is leading them- if he can't get them to respond and perform at a high level, yes he needs to be held accountable.

I agree. Too bad dickhead, loser fans can't be held accountable as well.

It may not be 100% Floyds fault for tonight's loss against an inferior team, but if you look at the big picture over the past 5 and a half seasons with Floyd as coach, he has been average at best and has shown zero improvement with the program since he took over. And Floyd has shown no signs of this program getting better any time soon. As for the contract talk, Stull will probably sign Floyd to another contract extension at the end of the year.

Reactions: develman
Stull and Floyd are like a failed marriage, by now they both know its not gonna work out, but they're holding on cause no one wants to file for divorce. At some point though they have to do what's best, cause they're only hurting the kids!

Stull and Floyd are like a failed marriage, by now they both know its not gonna work out, but they're holding on cause no one wants to file for divorce. At some point though they have to do what's best, cause they're only hurting the kids!

They're not "kids" -- the players are also part of the problem.

You call me a smart ass while you smugly judge Floyd. Please tell us of your most outstanding career accomplishment...

My smart ass comment was an attempt to lighten things up. Hence the smiley face. Easy bro. I wasn't judging Floyd. You asked a question and I gave my thoughts. End of story.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
My smart ass comment was an attempt to lighten things up. Hence the smiley face. Easy bro. I wasn't judging Floyd. You asked a question and I gave my thoughts. End of story.

I'm just as frustrated as any fan that Floyd isn't getting it done. I also get tired of "fans" like the original poster in this thread.

They're not "kids" -- the players are also part of the problem.
Lol that was called a sarcastic anology bro. I don't want the Miners to lose all the games the rest of the year like the Poster said, but i do think its time for Floyd to move on. Its simply not working. FIU is decent, but after 6 years here Floyd shouldnt have a team down 21 at half to that team. Yes they showed heart, but be realistic. CUSA is a bad conference and after 6 years utep maybe is in the middle. This is a Utep team we thought Floyd would have making regular NCAA appearances and competing with the top teams in the Country. Many thought Utep would take Memphis place as the Dominate team in the Conference. Look I've been a Miner Fan many years and sometimes I have blind hope, but the reality is quite obvious! Floyd isn't delivering up to this point after 6 years and his teams arent getting better as the year goes on. So take off your Rose Covered Glasses and wake up those of you who blush, when Fans say its time for Floyd to go! If your happy being in the middle of one of the worst conferences after 6 years then good for you, but many people are not, no need to criticize fans that want and expect more.

Last edited:
I have exhausted all the negative adjectives describing this seasons performance . I have been pumped, angered, pumped, angered, pumped and now have finally just given up on this horrible, embarrassing season. I was a season ticket holder from 1964 until I moved to Dallas in 1977. Since moving, I still managed to make it to EP for multiple games every year, caught games over here with SMU and North Texas and traveled to other away games in New Orleans and Houston. This year I have a planned trip for the Feb 4th and 6th games, but I have absolutely no intention of attending either game even though I'll be there. I can't and won't subject myself to anymore punishment; thus this will be the first year since Haskins came that I will not attend a game. The way things are going, can you imagine the sentiments of everyone at the 50th Anniversary game if we lose to mighty Western Kentucky? It verges on the brink being sacrilegious to pretend to represent the 1966 team with this bunch.
AMEN

Hey Unicorn and Imaidiot please enlighten us idiots ... whose fault is it that we have rarely been ready to compete at the highest level each game? Whose fault is it that we have fallen behind by double digits in all but one game this season? If it is the players (or us idiot fans with higher expectations than yours) what in the hell does the coach get $600,000 a year for?

Last edited:
Hey guys, let's stop all dat bickering. Let's just be proud of our championship 50 years ago and be okay with losing to Norfolk St and FIU. Those are probably Top 25 teams next year.

The Haskins Center is a tough place to play. Very few teams besides NMSU can come in and beat the Miners.

I just woke up from a terrible vodka hangover. I got so drunk that I was imagining I was making out with Don Haskins and Fred Albers last night. The boys at Montgomery Wards would have given me some hell for that.

Hey Unicorn and Imaidiot please enlighten us idiots ... whose fault is it that we have rarely been ready to compete at the highest level each game? Whose fault is it that we have fallen behind by double digits in all but one game this season? If it is the players (or us idiot fans with higher expectations than yours) what in the hell does the coach get $600,000 a year for?

On Miner Maniac's poll earlier this week, I voted with the relative majority:

He needs a CUSA title and/or Tournament bid next season, or fire him.

Last edited:
Last nights game shows me why we are like in 20th place but also showed me why we can win the conference tournament! I think this team should start pressing more it seems to light a fire

I was talking to a U of Arizona fan yesterday and he told me UTEP was a loser sports school because we have low standards. Naturally, I was very offended and asked him to explain himself. He said we were losers because we always have excuses for losing. You can see it on our message board.

I hate to say it but he's right. He said winners don't make excuses for losing. Even if they exist. Winners have a "win or else attitude." Like Arizona. That's why they're always in the top 10 and we're always in the bottom 10.

Understand?

I was talking to a U of Arizona fan yesterday and he told me UTEP was a loser sports school because we have low standards. Naturally, I was very offended and asked him to explain himself. He said we were losers because we always have excuses for losing. You can see it on our message board.

I hate to say it but he's right. He said winners don't make excuses for losing. Even if they exist. Winners have a "win or else attitude." Like Arizona. That's why they're always in the top 10 and we're always in the bottom 10.

Understand?

Now the guy that wants us to lose out is lecturing about being a winner.

Understand?
I'll keep that in mind.... AZ isn't all world beater in FB... Guess his logic only "sometimes" works... Face it, UTEP doesn't have the money that a school like AZ can throw around to be choosy when things get bad. Sounds more like a douche.

Reactions: miner1liner
Arizona football makes UTEP football look like Sul Ross St. Even though UTEP doesn't have the money as the Wildcats, don't mean its impossible to beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT