ADVERTISEMENT

I like the energy!

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
We may not win this game, but It's good to see us play at this pace.

Just caught the last couple of minutes before the half - OMG that was tough to watch...........actually have a BDUBS over here in DFW put it on the big screen for me - if this lead gets too much bigger, might ask them to take it off the big and put it on a small screen :eek:

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Just gotta keep it close to give ourselves a chance at the end, sucks that Winn is hobbling with a bad wheel but the kid from Chihuahua gave us some good minutes. I wanna see him get some more minutes to build his confidence.

If we are going to win this game, Floyd needs to sit down Howard for the 2nd half. All this kid has done is thrown the ball away, had his shots blocked, blown easy lay ups, had the ball stripped away and played poor defense......Did I miss something out? He must be playing with a very severe hangover or something similar.

The Miners are playing with a lot of energy and driving the ball to the hoop, which is great, but they continue to miss a lot of layups and close shots.

I also hope the officiating evens out in the 2nd. It was decidedly one-sided in the 1st.

Reactions: unihorn
If we are going to win this game, Floyd needs to sit down Howard for the 2nd half. All this kid has done is thrown the ball away, had his shots blocked, blown easy lay ups, had the ball stripped away and played poor defense......Did I miss something out? He must be playing with a very severe hangover or something similar.

Howard?

OOps. I meant Morris on the post before - not Howard.. So pissed off, I lost track of names.

It's never a good thing to say a team is playing with energy/effort. It's my favorite backhanded compliment when I'm screwing with some of my friends.

1) Energy and effort should be a given.

2) When that's all you can say, it means you're not doing anything else worth a damn.

Seriously, do we do anything well?

It's never a good thing to say a team is playing with energy/effort. It's my favorite backhanded compliment when I'm screwing with some of my friends.

2) When that's all you can say, it means you're not doing anything else worth a damn.

Seriously, do we do anything well?

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Energy is good but UTEP gets outrebounded badly. To many put backs by UAB. Paints in the point were good but not protecting the paint on the other end.

[QUOTE="STexMiner, post: 45942, member: 126"]It's never a good thing to say a team is playing with energy/effort. It's my favorite backhanded compliment when I'm screwing with some of my friends.

Seriously, do we do anything well?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you...for the most part. I have watched this team come out flat as paper so it is good to see some energy and fight in them. It helped kept the Miners in the game, imo.

The rebounding weakness for this team is so apparent, we are in the game as long as we get a few rebounds, but then we just go to sleep on the boards and we give up a big run. Sorry we lost but we just completed what will be the hardest road trip in CUSA and outside of our game at ODU next month, we should be able to put together a good run. UAB looks to be quality but they are going to lose a few along the way and their road record is not impressive.

The way I see it its all about finishing in the top 4! I am a bit irritated that UTEP didn't play with that energy until they were down 20

Just looking for any positives...

There were a few...among the good energy. Vint had a great offensive game in the paint. Morris broke out of his slump in the second half and was lethal from 3. Flags had a couple aggressive moves to the hoop instead of just settling from the outside. Venegas gave 5 good minutes. I saw BJ fight harder for a few defensive boards than he had up to this point. I'm sure I'm leaving a few out but thought I'd chime in.

Reactions: unihorn
Today was a team with bad ball handling and little discipline. Floyd came here and took names off back of jerseys. Why? Looked like watching a team trying to play street ball.

Today was a team with bad ball handling and little discipline. Floyd came here and took names off back of jerseys. Why? Looked like watching a team trying to play street ball.

Sometimes you have to adapt your coaching paradigm a bit to maximize the style your players play best.

The Miners are playing with a lot of energy and driving the ball to the hoop, which is great, but they continue to miss a lot of layups and close shots.

I also hope the officiating evens out in the 2nd. It was decidedly one-sided in the 1st.
I also felt the officiating was one sided in the first half. Look at the final free throw stats as proof. I was constantly tweeting about this during the game.

We don't ha
We don't have any player named Howard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT