ADVERTISEMENT

I predict NMSU and Liberty

Um CUSA is in the south Liberty's politics would welcomed with open arms. Remember CUSA was the only conference playing last year???

I think the only thing holding NMSU from joining CUSA has been UTEP.

No that was literally the reason CUSA turned down Liberty. Conference Expansion is done by Presidents not Athletic Directors. They turned down 24million dollars from Liberty because they were concerned about a "private Evangical College with Conservative Values." As well as a chancellor with right wing views.

If you’re talking about basketball, yeah. Depending on the size of the conference, a team might have to make 2 football trips out here a season. Nmsu also has baseball. That’s more traveling and expense they don’t deal with now. Not to mention any other sports they carry which we don’t.
I was talking about football. The current teams and their distance from EP
Sam Houston St - 724 miles
Abilene Christian - 450 miles
Stephen F Austin - 797 miles
Lamar - 829 miles
Dixie St - 728 miles
Tarleton - 550 miles

It's still kind of far but everything is far from El Paso.

I was talking about football. The current teams and their distance from EP
Sam Houston St - 724 miles
Abilene Christian - 450 miles
Stephen F Austin - 797 miles
Lamar - 829 miles
Dixie St - 728 miles
Tarleton - 550 miles

It's still kind of far but everything is far from El Paso.
I thought you were referring to NMSU joining CUSA. Otherwise, those WAC schools would take UTEP in a hot minute. And UTEP would be wise to consider an invite from them.

Reactions: JCorona
No that was literally the reason CUSA turned down Liberty. Conference Expansion is done by Presidents not Athletic Directors. They turned down 24million dollars from Liberty because they were concerned about a "private Evangical College with Conservative Values." As well as a chancellor with right wing views.

Their “politics” don’t help their cause, though that’s not the reason why they’re not in CUSA. CUSA already has too many teams and Liberty would have only split the pie another way. ODU, Marshall, and Charlotte don’t want them in the conference for athletic reasons. Nor the others, but especially those schools.

Reactions: kickballpro
Their “politics” don’t help their cause, though that’s not the reason why they’re not in CUSA. CUSA already has too many teams and Liberty would have only split the pie another way. ODU, Marshall, and Charlotte don’t want them in the conference for athletic reasons. Nor the others, but especially those schools.

In 2017, Jerry Falwell Jr was all-in on President Trump. I am pretty sure Trump was the commencement address speaker that year as well.

Its just part of our culture now, you've got consider the stones the media will throw if you're going to align yourself with a decision that's likely to receive backlash.

I think Liberty is a good fit and a natural fit and now that the leadership at Liberty has changed, CUSA should welcome them.

In 2017, Jerry Falwell Jr was all-in on President Trump. I am pretty sure Trump was the commencement address speaker that year as well.

Its just part of our culture now, you've got consider the stones the media will throw if you're going to align yourself with a decision that's likely to receive backlash.

I think Liberty is a good fit and a natural fit and now that the leadership at Liberty has changed, CUSA should welcome them.
That’s true, but Liberty would add nothing to CUSA being #15. That’s why they’re not in.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT