ADVERTISEMENT

If Kugler is on the hot seat

Not to be a downer Talamantes, but Stull would have come out by now to say Kugler will be back. Stull silence is telling and this feels a lot like the omen hanging over Lee and Nord.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Well, we unpatriotically eviscerated the Eagles. Looks like Kugler is staying.

lieb

You may be right. I hope Stull and Natalicio remember this was plastered all over sports sites regarding the upcoming football season:

"Phil Steele Says UTEP Football Has Easiest Strength of Schedule in Division 1"

"Obviously a lot can happen from one season to the next, but UTEP’s light strength of schedule is a good indicator that the fourth season under Coach Kugler has potential to be the best yet."

And this was with one of the best linebackers in CUSA, one of the best TE in Texas college football and the third best rb in the country.

“I told you when I took this job that I knew it wasn’t an easy job. Kugler told Miner Rush. “I knew there was going to be ups and downs, forward and back, but these kids are heading in the right direction. We’ve got a lot of really talented kids coming back. I really feel good about the foundation of this team heading into the future. I think these kids saw tonight what they can do when they put it all together and tonight, they put it all together.”-MR.com

They?! No Kugler, you need to put it all together. Once again your approach to the college game can man handle the NMSU's and UNT's, but that's it.

Let Kugler do his job...it's taking longer than expected but they will win eventually...plus we're not Texas@Austin where they can fire and hire at will.

Reactions: GaryHTalamantes
We are regressing every year and losing the Golden Goose. The schedule wont get easier and the roster is getting worse because he cant recruit. I saw this happen in front of my eyes at Kansas and they will take 4-5 years to even get a functional roster. UTEP is headed that way.

Let Kugler do his job...it's taking longer than expected but they will win eventually...plus we're not Texas@Austin where they can fire and hire at will.

So how many more years will you give Kugler? What is your definition of winning? Conference championship, bowl win, something else?

I'm like 60/40 60% let's move on to another coach and see if we can get some momentum back and 40% Kugler has one more year to get it going. The way I see it, he's over exceeded 2 put of his 4 years and under twice. Yes last year almost beating La Tech to make a bowl and going 5-7 with so many devastating injuries was over achieving. This year I think he took a step back with the new coordinators. While we all thought the offensive coordinator had to change, I think the change in defense cost us at least 2 games. Either way I'm ok I guess if we make a move now or I'm kinda ok I guess if he gets the last year under his contract to give another go. If he doesn't perform next year I dont even think we have to talk about whether he'll stay or not he'll be gone as his contract will be up.

It's not going to get any easier next season..at OU, at Army, at Nmsu, at Southern Miss, at UNT. Next season we only have a handful of home games. Next season is going to be another disaster. And if Jones declares for the draft, we are looking at a 2 win season at best. It's time to get a new coach in here to start rebuilding now and not a year from now.

1 year on his contract, when's the last time Utep fired someone before they're contract was up

1 year on his contract, when's the last time Utep fired someone before they're contract was up
Nord was the last FB coach fired with time left on his contract. He said before he was fired that UTEP would not fire him because the school couldn't afford. And then they did.

Reactions: nattybry
So how many more years will you give Kugler? What is your definition of winning? Conference championship, bowl win, something else?
Whatever years are left on his contract? All this whining is not going to get you a new coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT