ADVERTISEMENT

If the UT and/or TTU game $ is gone...

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
...UTEP Athletics is in trouble (I think).

What would you do to raise $ if you were Wilson/Senter?

I really don’t think there’s much they can do. Many people don’t have extra money right now, and even when they did were not givyit to UTEP.

I caught some of the KVIAggie 10pm newscast last night and the Humane Society had 10k more in donations than the 2019 telethon. People still have money, or more were being generous with it yesterday.

With that said, most people aren’t giving shit to UTEP. They’ve been downright awful since 1992.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
It's about 1.8 million figuring in a 30,000 ( very optimistic) attendance for Tech. Cuts to the budget have already been made anticipating a loss in revenue. 1.8 is alot of money, but in the big scheme of things it could be alot worse.

If the Big12 enters a scheduling agreement with BYU we lose both those games. If there is no agreement with BYU we probably keep both games. However, I expect the payout from UT-Austin to be about 500,000. These contracts always have outstanding for extraordinary circumstances. There will not be full payouts this year. It will be a tough year but we're in a better position than most g-5's.

...UTEP Athletics is in trouble (I think).

What would you do to raise $ if you were Wilson/Senter?
What I have read is the assistants up and down the department, especially football, will feel the loss if both canceled. IF, IF Tech is a go it can be mitigated.

UT is pretty much assumed done, however, UT is mulling very limited capacity for home games so there is a slight possibility, but with LSU on their schedule, it's unlikely.

What I have read is the assistants up and down the department, especially football, will feel the loss if both canceled. IF, IF Tech is a go it can be mitigated.

UT is pretty much assumed done, however, UT is mulling very limited capacity for home games so there is a slight possibility, but with LSU on their schedule, it's unlikely.
LSU is no longer on Texas' schedule.

So what should UTEP do now? Try and schedule another team or just stay put with 11 games right now? I think we should stay put, as I don’t believe we will play close to 11 games.

Reactions: Dmanminer
So it can be cancelled too?

Camp starts in three days. There are games to be played. The season is going to go forward. Might it stop? Sure. As for now though the season is going forward. CUSA is sticking to an eight game conference schedule. We can schedule 12 games so that what we should do. If the MWC goes conference only we need two games. Try to find those games which I'm sure is already happening and go from there.

Reactions: EMA884
We could play BYU on 9/5, but would we pay them to play in El Paso? We might be losing a home game to try and get a paycheck on the road. From a financial standpoint, UTEP should hope BYU offers to pay them to go to Provo. Later in the season, UTEP is booked up with CUSA teams and I think later games will be impacted more by Corona stuff.

Wealth over health? Then don’t play NCAA football, nobody is forcing anybody to remain on a football roster. People are growing tired of this sense of entitlement.

I agree. These are the same players (not necessarily these Idaho guys) that want to be paid because “they’re being taken advantage of”. If it matters that much to you, you can get an academic scholarship and play D3 football at Hardin-Simmons.

I think we will actually save money from the Tech cancelation. I dont think ticket sales would have offset the 300k we owed them (assuming we don't still have to pay).

I don’t think UTEP is on the hook for anything. It was the Big 12’s call. Hopefully Tech will come to El Paso at a later date.

Call BYU they need several games.
If that were too happen it would be a "Well, how da ya like them apples?!!" scenario for UTEP. UTEP keeps UT game (and assistant coaches let out a collective sigh of relief) and gets BYU for Tech would be a pleasant swap. Keep them away from the parties Senter and Dimel.

No one answered my original question.

Senter has never called me to give more $, even though I’ve given a good chunk of change before.

No one answered my original question.

Senter has never called me to give more $, even though I’ve given a good chunk of change before.
At this point, the only that might work is if they put the interns on the corner of Mesa and Sunland Park to sell, I meant fundraise, $1 water bottles.

It’s starting to sound like horn is envious Senter’s puppets called me and not him. Don’t worry, they’ll get to you soon enough.

Reactions: unihorn
Everyone on the athletic staff should be dialing for dollars.

If they did that, what should the fan give the school that raises ticket prices every year and has results like this?:

Football
2017 0-12 last place
2018 1-11 next to last place
2019 1-11 last place

Basketball
2017-18 11-20 12th place
2018-19 8-21 14th place
2019-20 17-15 11th place

why should anyone give money for this????????

If they did that, what should the fan give the school that raises ticket prices every year and has results like this?:

Football
2017 0-12 last place
2018 1-11 next to last place
2019 1-11 last place

Basketball
2017-18 11-20 12th place
2018-19 8-21 14th place
2019-20 17-15 11th place

why should anyone give money for this????????

Most people will help if asked.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT