ADVERTISEMENT

Incarnate Turd

Only Thomas and Omega had scored for the Miners 15 minutes into the game. Still only have 4 guys with points, Gilyard with 2. Wow.

On the bright side, it appears Tirus Smith played really well.

Flaggert's stat line was 1 REB and 5 PF, he did not attempt a shot.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Let’s be real — this team is a major rebuild for the next coach.

What a freakin game man. I loved these guys spirit and determination. An injured smith stepping up to have his best game ever was my fav part. This short handed miner squad and Braswell deserve a lot of love.

Yup. Can you give a brief synopsis?

4 guys in double figures. PT, Smith, Kobe and omega. Smith was the star though. Had several blocks and key rebounds. We did have tons of turnovers though and weren’t shooting well from the line. IWU was not a talented team but our short handed group of guys was impressive. Frazier was not a factor until the last few minutes when he got two threes. Gilyard was benched for a majority of the first half. Our bigs and flaggert got in early foul trouble. Flaggert fouled out early and smith and PT each had 3 early in the second. PT was trying to take over the game which was good but led to a lot of poor shots. Kobe in addition to smith really shined tonight.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
4 guys in double figures. PT, Smith, Kobe and omega. Smith was the star though. Had several blocks and key rebounds. We did have tons of turnovers though and weren’t shooting well from the line. IWU was not a talented team but our short handed group of guys was impressive. Frazier was not a factor until the last few minutes when he got two threes. Gilyard was benched for a majority of the first half. Our bigs and flaggert got in early foul trouble. Flaggert fouled out early and smith and PT each had 3 early in the second. PT was trying to take over the game which was good but led to a lot of poor shots. Kobe in addition to smith really shined tonight.

That put back by Thomas kind of sealed the deal.

Didn't see any poor shots by Thomas. He just missed a few he normally makes, but overall he is playing much better. He needs a center next to him to play his best though. Thomas's free throw shooting and 3-point shooting have been bad all year. I say that cause I know he can shoot.

Flaggert is now a TOTAL liability on offense and for the most part on D. The ball is like a hot potato and he has just stopped shooting/driving? He did get some bad calls on blocking fouls, but damn his play has just taken a nosedive. Wade needs to get back and pick up his minutes. I don't care if Flaggert knows the plays or that he is a senior. He needs to sit.

This game just seemed sloppy. Free throw shooting was bad and too many turnovers and second chances for IWU.

McGee played with a lot of poise in the second half and scored a lot of big baskets. I think Smith could have had 25 points tonight if his jumper was dropping. He was very nimble around the rim today.

Didn't see any poor shots by Thomas. He just missed a few he normally makes, but overall he is playing much better. He needs a center next to him to play his best though. Thomas's free throw shooting and 3-point shooting have been bad all year. I say that cause I know he can shoot.

Flaggert is now a TOTAL liability on offense and for the most part on D. The ball is like a hot potato and he has just stopped shooting/driving? He did get some bad calls on blocking fouls, but damn his play has just taken a nosedive. Wade needs to get back and pick up his minutes. I don't care if Flaggert knows the plays or that he is a senior. He needs to sit.

This game just seemed sloppy. Free throw shooting was bad and too many turnovers and second chances for IWU.

McGee played with a lot of poise in the second half and scored a lot of big baskets. I think Smith could have had 25 points tonight if his jumper was dropping. He was very nimble around the rim today.
Didn't see any bad shots from THOMAS ?!?!?!?!? The guy took most of the shots, AND missed a ton. The guy can play some D, but DAMN DUDE !!! Can't take every shot !!!

Reactions: El Paso 777
Take out the 1966 team and tell me what history UTEP has?

It's nauseating to hear people who live in the past.
14 conference championships and 17 NCAA tournament appearances. Not too many teams have that type of history. The only one that comes close is WKU but they didn’t win those trophies competing in the old WAC a constant top basketball league.

Reactions: Rot and Axe-cuseme
giphy.gif

14 conference championships and 17 NCAA tournament appearances. Not too many teams have that type of history. The only one that comes close is WKU but they didn’t win those trophies competing in the old WAC a constant top basketball league.

NMSU has been to the tournament 23 times with 2 final fours.

One final four. Technically 20 NCAA Tournament appearances. So basically the same history as UTEP but in a much easier version of the WAC.

Sorry, one final 4 (2nd place finish) and three sweet 16's.

NMSU played UNLV and other tough teams in the 90's.

UTEP can't even beat NMSU, so they wouldn't even win the WAC.

Last edited:
NMSU played UNLV and other tough teams in the 90's.

UTEP can't even beat NMSU, so they wouldn't even win the WAC.
That’s not what we are debating. You said “tell me what history UTEP has.”

I told you. You mentioned your favorite team’s history and I pointed out we have very similar histories. So if UTEP has no history according to you neither does your favorite team.

That’s not what we are debating. You said “tell me what history UTEP has.”

I told you. You mentioned your favorite team’s history and I pointed out we have very similar histories. So if UTEP has no history according to you neither does your favorite team.

Debating this: Not too many teams have that type of history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT