ADVERTISEMENT

Ineptitude

I can't believe I am saying this but it seems Senter actually has learned something and is trying something new.

Safe bet, good ol' ball coach hire, didn't work.
Young, hungry, upstart, gamble of a coach, looks like its not working.
Good recruiter at a similar university, coach that should have worked but left for greener pastures.
Young, hungry, upstart coach, can't get anyone to come play at UTEP should now be on the hot seat.

To top it all off, UTEP doesn't have the budget to get whomever might be the best choice available. At least it seems Senter is not making the same hiring mistakes.
At this glacier pace of learning we will find a good coach eventually...and then a power conference school will just swoop in an take them.

SW driving away the talent that Dimel left is concerning. One of the biggest tell tale signs of a good coach is their ability to adapt to the players they have available. Either he couldn't convince the players to buy in on his vision, or he is a "my way or the highway" coach.

Wait. Are you talking about Scotty Walden or Deion Sanders?

When you run a High Tempo offense, it’s going to be simple. The routes are Choice routes, win deep or sit on it. That’s why you see so many deep shots and it also why sometimes you see the QB throw deep and the wr sit and the ball fly to nowhere. The QB thinks the wr is gonna win deep but the wr believes he can’t win deep.

The other thing you will notice, the inside zone scheme. Tempo Offenses like to run north and south to stay on schedule, 4 yard gains at a time. No negative plays with wide runs. Plus you stay simple to play fast and physical.

The way you keep the defense honest and play the outside is the quick screen game. Splits are very wide by wide receivers, especially when running the ball.

It’s the same offense Tennessee runs, it’s a version of Art Briles. The simplicity and Tempo is the secret sauce.

When you run a High Tempo offense, it’s going to be simple. The routes are Choice routes, win deep or sit on it. That’s why you see so many deep shots and it also why sometimes you see the QB throw deep and the wr sit and the ball fly to nowhere. The QB thinks the wr is gonna win deep but the wr believes he can’t win deep.

The other thing you will notice, the inside zone scheme. Tempo Offenses like to run north and south to stay on schedule, 4 yard gains at a time. No negative plays with wide runs. Plus you stay simple to play fast and physical.

The way you keep the defense honest and play the outside is the quick screen game. Splits are very wide by wide receivers, especially when running the ball.

It’s the same offense Tennessee runs, it’s a version of Art Briles. The simplicity and Tempo is the secret sauce.
And SHSU was ready for quick screens. I saw two get 5-6 yards and that's it.

FWIW, Sen Ted Cruz will be in attendance for 10/16 game vs FIU. "Need to support Texas schools since they're are playing a liberal Florida University. No one can blame that loss on me" he was heard saying.

We weren't blocking even when we were overloading one side. We'd have 4 wideouts on the right and the defender would get to the receiver right when the ball did.

We weren't blocking even when we were overloading one side. We'd have 4 wideouts on the right and the defender would get to the receiver right when the ball did.
The same with the run game. I don’t know who’s at fault but it seems like these RBs were just running into the backs of the O-Linemen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT