ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the worst shooting team in last 15yrs?

well, either way, this team is just a little too tough to watch at this point. I know this team is young, but man this has been some ugly basketball to watch recently...
Ugly indeed, on both ends. Brutal shooting again at home. Really nothing positive to say on a single player tonight.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
well, either way, this team is just a little too tough to watch at this point. I know this team is young, but man this has been some ugly basketball to watch recently...

I feel your pain. I’ll keep watching, but it can be brutal at times. As hard as they play, and beyond the shooting woes, this team has not improved offensively. Any offensive success has been individual effort. We rank 341st in assists. Not good.

DyzGU-DUcAAFCOZ.jpg:large

Reactions: kickballpro
Ugly indeed, on both ends. Brutal shooting again at home. Really nothing positive to say on a single player tonight.
Eze played well on the 2nd half when we went on our best little run. Of course the outside shooting killed the run and then Efe played the rest of the way.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Yes and 3 rebounds and 1 block and a few altered shots in pretty much a few minutes in the 2nd half. I don't like him batting balls, but he brings a lot of energy and he has plenty of potential.

I know most disagree (except miner1liner), but Efe is regressing despite the rebounding. He may be a young bully on the boards, but he misses way too may layups and has no lift to finish or block shots. He doesn't pass well or quick enough out of double teams and hasn't really shown that he understands the inside out game yet. He looks drained and may just need better conditioning.

I want both players to do well but just stating what I see..

If we are going to win big in the next few years we will need a big that can rebound, finish and defend the rim. Eze needs to play more. I would like to see these guys at least split minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: MINER.JAY
I figured about 10 wins this year. I'll be surprised now if we hit that though. The Freshman are getting experience that's the main thing. The key players needed to come back to add to next year's team are...
1.Efe
2. Gilyard
3. Hawk
4. Lathon
With those 4 and the new owners we'll be fine. The Biggest disappointment is Eze. He may get better and surprise us, but he's been a dud so far!

I really liked Kobe....that's about it.

He definitely seemed to be the only one with a spring in his step yesterday. His defense was really good. He’s just so hesitant to pull the trigger. Doesn’t drive and dish at all either.

Yes and 3 rebounds and 1 block and a few altered shots in pretty much a few minutes in the 2nd half. I don't like him batting balls, but he brings a lot of energy and he has plenty of potential.

I know most disagree (except miner1liner), but Efe is regressing despite the rebounding. He may be a young bully on the boards, but he misses way too may layups and has no lift to finish or block shots. He doesn't pass well or quick enough out of double teams and hasn't really shown that he understands the inside out game yet. He looks drained and may just need better conditioning.

I want both players to do well but just stating what I see..

If we are going to win big in the next few years we will need a big that can rebound, finish and defend the rim. Eze needs to play more. I would like to see these guys at least split minutes.

I agree Efe has hit a wall. Just need a little better scoring from Eze.

Reactions: axingfools1
Efe is being hounded every time he touches the ball. He's looked really good for a FR, but he's not at the point where he's going to break double teams and make the right passes every time. Other guys have to step up, and unfortunately that's just not going to happen on a consistent basis.

I keep telling myself to remember RC when he was a freshman. He didn't look all that great at times, and didn't always take care of the ball or make good decisions.

Relax. It gets better....

I know we have talent coming in, but let's not forget that the shooters like zarzuela or wentzel will be freshman. Like this year's group, they can't be expected to do a whole lot. In fact, it will be even more difficult for them. They won't have near the playing time or leeway to shoot like our current group. They'll be playing behind the "vets"

I know we have talent coming in, but let's not forget that the shooters like zarzuela or wentzel will be freshman. Like this year's group, they can't be expected to do a whole lot. In fact, it will be even more difficult for them. They won't have near the playing time or leeway to shoot like our current group. They'll be playing behind the "vets"
I think Zarzuela may have a better chance to play early than say Wenzel. It is very possible that only Lathon will be back to man the Pg position. While he has had some moments, there are areas he really needs to work on, especially in improving his shooting. If Zarzuela can provide some shooting spark from that position, it is conceivable he could share some time with Lathon. In Wenzel's case, he is a shooter, and we all know this team can use one. However, the team looks to be loaded at the SG position. Like with most freshmen, the question for them will likely be on the defensive end.

I think Zarzuela may have a better chance to play early than say Wenzel. It is very possible that only Lathon will be back to man the Pg position. While he has had some moments, there are areas he really needs to work on, especially in improving his shooting. If Zarzuela can provide some shooting spark from that position, it is conceivable he could share some time with Lathon. In Wenzel's case, he is a shooter, and we all know this team can use one. However, the team looks to be loaded at the SG position. Like with most freshmen, the question for them will likely be on the defensive end.

Gilyard?

Agree on Wenzel. He's a decent shooter, but nothing I've seen on tape leads me to believe he's D1 ready, or even capable. It's going to be tough for him to find his shot this level, especially when compared to the level of HS teams he's currently playing against...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT