ADVERTISEMENT

Isiah Osborne ‏ transferring

Sucks. But we saw the writing on the wall. There is going to be a massive logjam at the G/SF spot. Best of luck.

I, personally, do not like to see Osborne leave. I wish him the best in his next program, and will be following his career.

On the other hand, his position is one where we are already deep, so this transfer should not hurt so much...I wonder if his scholarship can be passed on to a big body that mysteriously crystallizes from out of the blue.

I know, I know--wishful thinking :rolleyes:

I, personally, do not like to see Osborne leave. I wish him the best in his next program, and will be following his career.

On the other hand, his position is one where we are already deep, so this transfer should not hurt so much...I wonder if his scholarship can be passed on to a big body that mysteriously crystallizes from out of the blue.

I know, I know--wishful thinking :rolleyes:

This transfer could hurt, especially if Stroud is not eligible in the fall. Next year it will not be a problem.

If nothing else, this year will be interesting with an essentially new team...it will take me a while to recognize all the new faces.

On the other hand, I was getting trained for this with Coach Floyd's annual turnover.

If nothing else, this year will be interesting with an essentially new team...it will take me a while to recognize all the new faces.

On the other hand, I was getting trained for this with Coach Floyd's annual turnover.

This is different than the Floyd turnover because its a new coach. Osborne practiced with the new coaches this summer and probably thought that he didn't fit in with what the coaches wanted to do. I like that he did give the new coaches a shot before leaving unlike others.

Reactions: utep2step
I have a feeling Isiah figured out quickly that he is not going to be the stud this year and that one of the fish or transfers will put him on the bench.

Reactions: Cube Jack
This is great. A guy from one of the worst teams in UTEP history is transferring to a school in Canada. If he was so good, we would have won 20 games and he’d be transferring to a big time school.

Good riddance.

Reactions: Cube Jack
This is different than the Floyd turnover because its a new coach. Osborne practiced with the new coaches this summer and probably thought that he didn't fit in with what the coaches wanted to do. I like that he did give the new coaches a shot before leaving unlike others.

I agree--Osborne was a Floyd recruit, not a Terry recruit...

Kevin Sweeney‏@CBB_Central 2h2 hours ago

Source confirms Jordan Lathon to UTEP. Big time talent (former top 150 recruit) who had admission revoked at Northwestern. Point guard of the future in El Paso.

8:50 PM - 2 Aug 2018

I am really impressed with the freshmen Terry has brought in. God willing if these players stay we could potentially a great starting 5 just with them alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT