ADVERTISEMENT

Your Ideal Conference Setup for UTEP?

chuwy9

Starter
May 11, 2012
EPTX
This should be fun.....

So with realignment back in the news, I'm wondering what everyone's ideal conference for UTEP would be?

In my perfect world, UTEP would in a 12 team conference that would see them grouped with:

NMSU
NM
Arizona
Arizona St
Colorado
Colorado St
Utah
BYU
Boise ST
Wyoming
Air Force

What's yours?

Reactions: Rocketsr
This should be fun.....

So with realignment back in the news, I'm wondering what everyone's ideal conference for UTEP would be?

In my perfect world, UTEP would in a 12 team conference that would see them grouped with:

NMSU
NM
Arizona
Arizona St
Colorado
Colorado St
Utah
BYU
Boise ST
Wyoming
Air Force

What's yours?
Not sure why you would have Wyoming in there if you have teams like Arizona, Colorado, ASU, and Utah. But yeah that would be fantastic

Not sure why you would have Wyoming in there if you have teams like Arizona, Colorado, ASU, and Utah. But yeah that would be fantastic
I grew up hating Wyoming because they always kicked our a$$.

It was between Wyoming or Texas Tech ( a team I hate as an adult [former employee of TTU])

Gave Wyoming the nod to keep it western based and keep UTEP as the sole Texas school.

This should be fun.....

NMSU
NM
Arizona
Arizona St
Colorado
Colorado St
Utah
BYU
Boise ST
Wyoming
Air Force

What's yours?

I would keep your list but swap out Boise State and instead have Texas Tech.

Reactions: chuwy9
UTEP in a western based conference (with the ability to play in California) that has a footprint in Texas as well. So the MWC with maybe SHSU added along with UTEP.

Cusa was cool until CUSA lost the Houston, San Antonio and Dallas schools. I honestly got bored with the conference once Memphis and Houston left.

Reactions: shyminer81
This should be fun.....

NMSU
NM
Arizona
Arizona St
Colorado
Colorado St
Utah
BYU
Boise ST
Wyoming
Air Force

What's yours?
Oh, if we are being completely unrealistic then recreate the Border Conference. Texas Tech, ASU, Arizona, NMSU, UNM, NAU, UTSA, SDSU, UTEP.

Reactions: Rocketsr
The Extreme West Texas Conference:

1. UTEP

Guaranteed bowl spot for the football champ and auto bid for basketball.

Plus it has Extreme in the conference name, so that should bring the Gen Z eyes to the TV and help with the media rights.

1 Abilene Christian
2 Immaculate Word
3 Sam Houston State
4 Stephen F. Austin
5 Tarleton State
6 Texas State
7 UTEP
8 Texas Rio Grande Valley

Since we all think UTEP is going into the toilet conference wise, this list will do. This is an all-Texas conference. If you want more teams, NMSU an UNM can do.

Mountain West Conference plus these teams for the projected departures.
NMSU
UTEP
Liberty
Grand Canyon

Reactions: chuwy9
1 Abilene Christian
2 Immaculate Word
3 Sam Houston State
4 Stephen F. Austin
5 Tarleton State
6 Texas State
7 UTEP
8 Texas Rio Grande Valley

Since we all think UTEP is going into the toilet conference wise, this list will do. This is an all-Texas conference. If you want more teams, NMSU an UNM can do.

This scenario may be all too real.

I was just in Stephenville and the Tarlton State campus is small but is impressive. They have 15,000 students and are upgrading the campus and its infrastructure. They are excited about their athletic program and have a can-do attitude. They are pouring money into their program.

Unfortunately, they will be on track to pass UTEP sooner than later if something doesn’t change soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT