ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions on Utep's first win of the season vs NMSU

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Time to move on from the 1st 2 losses of the season. You know it wasn't too long ago that were were losing to the Aggies and now we're favored by 14. Let's lick our wounds and get the rivalry win and try and get another one the following week in Albuquerque.
Utep Miner's 34
The team from Southern NM 17

I don't think it's going to be as close as some people think. I watched part of the Nevada @ NMSU game and they look improved from last season.

UTEP 34
NMSU 30

Reactions: MinerFan79
This is the only team on our schedule we out talent. And it’s a home game. And it’s a rivalry game.

Must win, even if by 1.

UTEP is having ex-players promote the game and has some minimum $50 donation contest going with NMSU, but no actual promotions for the game. Tons of seats available. They put their whole effort into the UNT game. Apparently the other 5 don’t matter now. Just hope 10,000 suckers will pay full price.

UTEP 13
NMSU 8

Gavin Baechle shows off with another 50 plus yarder. Hardison has 305 yards passing and Awatt/Hankins ground and pound get 170 total rush yards.

"It's the yardage!"

Anyone noticing a pattern here?

UTEP is having ex-players promote the game and has some minimum $50 donation contest going with NMSU, but no actual promotions for the game. Tons of seats available. They put their whole effort into the UNT game. Apparently the other 5 don’t matter now. Just hope 10,000 suckers will pay full price.

Guess one game was enough to care about the 915.

Ultimately winning is the only way UTEP keeps the casuals coming.

UTEP 17
NMSU 13

Offensive explosion by Dimels standards allows the Miners to squeak by the Aggies.

wait-what-wait-a-minute.gif

Reactions: utep-piggy
UTEP 13
NMSU 10

The Miners put up massive yards between the 20's. Then shit the bed in the red zone. The only reason we win is we keep the Aggies offense off the field.

UTEP 13
NMSU 10

The Miners put up massive yards between the 20's. Then shit the bed in the red zone. The only reason we win is we keep the Aggies offense off the field.
I agree with us shitting the bed in the red zone, but I don't think that's an issue Saturday nor will be that close.

We got sold a bill of goods all summer. I bought into it after seeing a good fight against Fresno State. I do not blame the players. This is all on Dimel, all of it. Went through this with Nord after his bowl. Went through this with Price after his second bowl. Same crap, different year. You don't act like USM and fire your coach at year two, but year five and there is repetition?

I really hope to have stuck my foot in my mouth be the end of September.

Are we now back to barely beating NMSU? Is that our expectation of UTEP football?

5 years in and Dimel is 12-35 with 5 conference wins. He has zero P5 wins, zero conference championships, zero bowl wins and UTEP has NOTHING to show from his hire. We are still looking from the outside in, dropping down in conference affiliation again and now we will be losing our best players to the transfer portal.

The rebuild is over. Last year was Dimel's peak at UTEP. This year we revert back and then most of our best players will be gone. It will be another rebuild. By the time Senter and/or Dimel quit or get fired it will be another 6 years wasted.

Doom and Gloom seems to have already set in with many of you. I'm reserving my doomsday posts until we lose to both NM schools. I'm not ready to give up on the season like some of you appear to be, it's a long season.

Doom and Gloom seems to have already set in with many of you. I'm reserving my doomsday posts until we lose to both NM schools. I'm not ready to give up on the season like some of you appear to be, it's a long season.
UNM was 3-9 last year. UTEP shouldn’t lose to either school. Losing to one shows regression. NMSU has a 1st year coach and UNM has a 3rd. Wouldn’t say a lot about our 5th year coach would it?

That's fair enough, but I think that after so many years of losing and dissapointment many on here have set the bar way too low. Each year that passes is another year wasted.

Dimel has had plenty of time. The way we finished last season was enough for me to know that he is not the future, yet he was awarded an extension. UTEP went all out and somehow basically sold out the UNT game. Dimel had everything set up for that game and he blew it big time. Dimel himself said it would take 5 years, yet here we are at 0-2 and worried about beating the Aggies.

This team is better than the loss to UNT suggests.

At the same time, we have to win 7 out of 10 just to equal last season.

I don't see it happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
That's fair enough, but I think that after so many years of losing and dissapointment many on here have set the bar way too low. Each year that passes is another year wasted.

Dimel has had plenty of time. The way we finished last season was enough for me to know that he is not the future, yet he was awarded an extension. UTEP went all out and somehow basically sold out the UNT game. Dimel had everything set up for that game and he blew it big time. Dimel himself said it would take 5 years, yet here we are at 0-2 and worried about beating the Aggies.
I agree with the laying an egg against North Texas and disappointment and here we go again attitude. I'm just holding onto to hope still, because it's early. However if we struggle against NMSU and then lose to NM I'll be on board with the sinking ship and Fire Dimel train, trust me.

Miners are bit more organized and experienced, hopefully Dimel and staff can limit the WTF moments, this board will be even more of a shit show if the Miners lose.

The University where pot is illegal 27
The University where pot is legal 19

PS...Jerry Kill out recruited Dimel this past cycle, and will get the Aggies back to a bowl in the next 2-4 seasons....

If the Miners can win enough games to stay out of the bottom 15, it's an improvement. It also shows how bad we've been for the past several years.

Maybe more would sell if the athletic department offered a special. Tickets are way too expensive to go watch a trash product. Athletic department found it more important to ask for 50$ donations instead.
Yup. Senter has no clue. Got his sellout and won’t even try the rest of the year for the other 4 games.

Yup. Senter has no clue. Got his sellout and won’t even try the rest of the year for the other 4 games.
This is one of the emails they recently sent to my utep email:

"PRESIDENT WILSON INVITES YOU TO JOIN IN ON THE I-10 RIVALRY

It is game week and YOUR UTEP Miners are facing the NM State Aggies this Saturday in the Sun Bowl at 7pm. Make sure you get your game tickets today!

The I-10 Rivalry has extended beyond the football field.

We are currently losing to the Aggies in the I-10 rivalry giving challenge. Don't wait, make your gift today and help the Miners defeat the Aggies!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT