ADVERTISEMENT

It's the next day and I'm still pissed

Ronstr300

MI Hall of Famer
Jan 13, 2004
The only way I get over this is us to win the tournament. Unfortunately, they will lose the first game.

I got into discussions/arguments on twitter. A reporter, defending Floyd, blames it on no true point guard. What BS! Great teams have great point guards. Not all teams have a true point guard. Would having a true point guard have prevented a 20 point collapse? ha

I love CTF. I have followed his career since he first became a head coach. I always dreamed he would come home. I understand a lot of the crap over the past five years is just crap for luck. But this year is beyond unacceptable. Losing to 2 of the worst teams in college basketball just isn't forgivable anymore.

The more I think about it, the more I get pissed.

Sorry Time, it's time to go....

That's laughable. And just who the heck does the reporter hold responsible for not having a true PG 5 years into CTF's tenure? Oh yeah, I forgot, reporters aren't paid to dig beneath the surface and get to the source of things.

Originally posted by shyminer81:
If La Tech can find a "Speedy Smith" then UTEP should surely be able to get a solid PG...Is the team just not responding to Floyd?
That would be my guess.

That's what I said on another thread and someone didn't want to hear it - I don't see a team giving it all for their coach - whether he's on the court or not (last night)...

Originally posted by Pony10:

That's what I said on another thread and someone didn't want to hear it - I don't see a team giving it all for their coach - whether he's on the court or not (last night)...
Yeah, it's not a popular sentiment. Unfortunately, those who hadn't really noticed it before, got hit with it smack dab in the face over the last couple of games. Doesn't matter one bit that CTF wasn't on the bench last night, it's still his team that refused to go out and get it done. Too much talent for this to be going on.

Originally posted by PURPLEFIRE:
This team doesn't have enough firepower don't know people can't see that?
That's Floyd's fault. Floyd recruited every player on the team. If we dont have enough fire power its on Floyd.

Sorry, Purple, saw many a team back in Haskins day where we played 6/7 - b/c that's all we had! They left it all out on the court every time - that's all I'm asking for, not seeing that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT