ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Senter- Extended Contract

Imagine if Smart would have just beat ACU. Imo more Senter < more Terry. then fire all 3 after next season.

Just like when we hired Dimel and Terry’s extension, who else was coming for him? If Dimel has another poor season and Golding wins single digit games, why would we want Senter to hire Dimels replacement?

I didn’t think anyone could be as unpopular as Floyd and Kugler were at the end, but Senter has far surpassed them. Not even close.

Last edited:
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Just like when we hired Dimel and Terry’s extension, who else was coming for him? If Dimel has another poor season and Golding wins single digit games, why would we want Senter to hire Dimels replacement?

I didn’t think anyone could be as unpopular as Floyd and Kugler were at the end, but Senter has far surpassed them. Not even close.
Can’t hold Golding’s feet to the fire this season.

Can’t hold Golding’s feet to the fire this season.
In general, I agree. If certain things go wrong or it’s obvious he can’t really coach and goes 2-28…That’s not what we paid. I don’t think that will happen, but Senter better hope it doesn’t.

Yeah his tone has gotten much more aggressive/defensive. The guy has delivered little results, and has no reason to be thin skinned.
And what has changed? Nothing really positive except for Sun Bowl upgrades. Still bad communication, bad ideas, bad results, and more expensive tickets

I gave him mucho grief last season while trying to figure out whether or not Terry had anything in his brain related to how to play basketball. Senter would never comment directly to any question. He has done nothing positive yet. If Golding pans out he may be able to "toot" his horn a little.

Reactions: axingfools1
Senter will be here until 2026. So no matter happens with Dimel this year, he will be hiring the next football coach.

Senter will be here until 2026. So no matter happens with Dimel this year, he will be hiring the next football coach.

Wow a 17% pay raise and a 5 yr extention? What a joke. What incentive does he have now to achieve his bonuses?

Other than maybe individual game ticket costs, I will NOT be giving any more money to UTEP athletics

Wow a 17% pay raise and a 5 yr extention? What a joke. What incentive does he have now to achieve his bonuses?

Other than maybe individual game ticket costs, I will NOT be giving any more money to UTEP athletics
Talk about low expectations to get a raise and extension. Basically you can do the bare minimum at UTEP and still keep your job.

Reactions: FedupMiner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT