ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel Reports

FarWestTexas

MI Regular
Nov 20, 2005
🤞🏽
“I just spoke to Jim Senter and he said Dana Dimel will coach his final year, but will not get in the way if he interviews for the Texas A&M job. His updated PowerPoint includes expert level clip art and time of possession graphs.”
-Charissa Thompson
71613124007-usatsi-21830295.jpg

I'm going with my gut, Senter is keeping Dimel another year. Three things:

He's stated publicly before about lack of funds to buy out his contract and this AD will sell it and the "massive injuries" to Minerland.

Second, Dimel gives the "golly gee" crap after each loss but I personally believe he is a master negotiator when his job comes into question. His numbers were falling quickly at KSU and Snyder was holding on to the bitter end until the pressure was too much. Same thing here.

Finally, political leverage for Senter. Leverage? Senter?! Yes. UTEP basketball is doing good. If they beat Butler tomorrow the pressure will not be that great and he can open his Christmas gifts in peace. Senter is a salesman, but he is not Mario Moccia devilishly savy salesman that would even make Machiavelli proud, but he is avoiding public demands for his ouster. No one put up with Stull's diatribe but Senter's is sticking. Dimel is in between both Moccia and Senter.

Finally, political leverage for Senter. Leverage? Senter?! Yes. UTEP basketball is doing good. If they beat Bradley tomorrow the pressure will not be that great and he can open his Christmas gifts in peace. Senter is a salesman, but he is not Mario Moccia devilishly savy salesman that would even make Machiavelli proud, but he is avoiding public demands for his ouster. No one put up with Stull's diatribe but Senter's is sticking. Dimel is in between both Moccia and Senter.
FIFY

Reactions: MineroFanatico
UTEP is getting funds from departing conference members, FAU's NCAA run, a great NIT CUSA run, etc. Who is doing the books?
In the mean time we have an empty Sun Bowl and decreasing enthusiasm for Miner football when we could be turning the corner on UTEP footballs dismel past and starting to put butts in the Sun Bowl's seats. Somebody show me the numbers.
If the money isn't in the bank yet, take out a loan!

UTEP is getting funds from departing conference members, FAU's NCAA run, a great NIT CUSA run, etc. Who is doing the books?
In the mean time we have an empty Sun Bowl and decreasing enthusiasm for Miner football when we could be turning the corner on UTEP footballs dismel past and starting to put butts in the Sun Bowl's seats. Somebody show me the numbers.
Exactly, I've also pointed to this before as well. Idk when these funds start getting distributed, but Utep definitely has $667 Thousand to start fresh with a coach that will revitalize this fan base and give people hope!

🤞🏽
“I just spoke to Jim Senter and he said Dana Dimel will coach his final year, but will not get in the way if he interviews for the Texas A&M job. His updated PowerPoint includes expert level clip art and time of possession graphs.”
-Charissa Thompson
71613124007-usatsi-21830295.jpg
I heard Senter is keeping Dimel if he can continue his streak on winning time of possession. Dimel is 11-0 currently but going 12-0 sets off a bonus and 3 year extension.

I heard Senter is keeping Dimel if he can continue his streak on winning time of possession. Dimel is 11-0 currently but going 12-0 sets off a bonus and 3 year extension.
Question for those who may know. I understand Utep is a state school, but can Donors help get a better quality coach and raise money. I believe this was done with Prime Time at Colorado. Just asking, forgive me for not knowing exactly how that works, I believe Utep Donors would be willing to assist for the right coach. I know salaries have to be approved by the State and there's certain budgeting alotted for and approved or denied. Just not sure if this kind of help is allowed at Utep?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Question for those who may know. I understand Utep is a state school, but can Donors help get a better quality coach and raise money. I believe this was done with Prime Time at Colorado. Just asking, forgive me for not knowing exactly how that works, I believe Utep Donors would be willing to assist for the right coach. I know salaries have to be approved by the State and there's certain budgeting alotted for and approved or denied. Just not sure if this kind of help is allowed at Utep?
Don’t UT system bylaws state all athletic money has to be from donors or a specified athletics fee? So even if UTEP wanted to they can’t divert academic funds to offset the athletic budget?

At the end of the day, from before Stull to this day the fundraising arm of UTEP is awful. There’s zero connection or communication between alumni and the school. I agree that the fans would probably step up to bring in a good coach, question is whether or not Senter will make a big enough plea for donations to make this happen.

The sunbowl has been empty since Mike Price left. Unlikely that’s going to change with some new no name coaching taking over the staff

The sunbowl has been empty since Mike Price left. Unlikely that’s going to change with some new no name coaching taking over the staff
Hence, The Monster Truck Jam which has been keeping them in the black and concerts. What I didn’t know was that it was a heavy metal concert and truck show. (Love heavy metal but burned out on Jackyl). https://klaq.com/san-antonio-first-monster-jam-show/

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT