ADVERTISEMENT

Jone's Injury

mikesarabia

All Star
Oct 28, 2006
I have not seen anything posted on this, so had not heard on the extent of Jone's injury. I went to Twitter and saw he will have knee surgery for a torn meniscus. Best case he will miss 3 weeks and worst case he could miss up to 6 weeks. Saw it on Pick Ax Social and Lou Romano tweeted it.

I have not seen anything posted on this, so had not heard on the extent of Jone's injury. I went to Twitter and saw he will have knee surgery for a torn meniscus. Best case he will miss 3 weeks and worst case he could miss up to 6 weeks. Saw it on Pick Ax Social and Lou Romano tweeted it.

Hopefully he can be back, with a week or two of practice behind him, for the start of conference play. Or will staff look to a medical redshirt for him?

One of my sons is a collegiate soccer player and he's had that surgery twice (on the same knee). In both cases, he was cleared to play after three weeks, but his coach waited another 10 days before he let him practice fully. He did end up starting the last 2/3 of the season. It can be done.

Reactions: miner661
One of my sons is a collegiate soccer player and he's had that surgery twice (on the same knee). In both cases, he was cleared to play after three weeks, but his coach waited another 10 days before he let him practice fully. He did end up starting the last 2/3 of the season. It can be done.

I had it as well. Played 4 weeks later.

Just wondering if they suit Romine up to fill the gap for the next 4-6 weeks. If they do, seems like maybe Jones should be medically redshirted. Maybe not.

Where does your son play?

That's kinda good news, considering if it was am ACL. He should be good by conference no need to redshirt.

Thanks for the update. I was checking for the results of the MRI myself.

Coach Johnson talked on the post game last night about the variables of pulling Romine's redshirt. While he did say a red shirt year would benefit him greatly, one of the possibilities of pulling it is, he could red shirt his sophomore year, ala Flaggart. My gut feeling is the staff will see how far they can go without pulling Romine's red shirt, by using other defensive strategies, and try to get by until Jones returns. Hope Jones can make it back completely healthy with minimum time lost. It appears it's possible.

Coach Johnson talked on the post game last night about the variables of pulling Romine's redshirt. While he did say a red shirt year would benefit him greatly, one of the possibilities of pulling it is, he could red shirt his sophomore year, ala Flaggart. My gut feeling is the staff will see how far they can go without pulling Romine's red shirt, by using other defensive strategies, and try to get by until Jones returns. Hope Jones can make it back completely healthy with minimum time lost. It appears it's possible.

Thanks for that info. I hope your gut feeling is right and they can get by without pulling Romine's rs.

Reactions: allminer
MI.com quotes Floyd as having Jones out for a year? Or is this new news that he could be back within the past 24 hours?

MI.com quotes Floyd as having Jones out for a year? Or is this new news that he could be back within the past 24 hours?

Perhaps, that was based on speculation Jones had suffered a worse knee injury. Had it been the ACL, he certainly would have been out for a year.

Thats good news he will be back in a few weeks. If he was out for the entire season, all you Floyd homers would be all over the "if Jones wasn't injured we would have made the NCAA tourney" excuse for not making the tourney yet again.

Thats good news he will be back in a few weeks. If he was out for the entire season, all you Floyd homers would be all over the "if Jones wasn't injured we would have made the NCAA tourney" excuse for not making the tourney yet again.

Is that the reason why it's a good thing? Okay, never mind the kids health. Ridiculous. These guys are people not objects

UTEP trainer Tony Cordova to the El Paso Times:

"If they just have to go in and clean it out, he could be back in three or four weeks. If it is more extensive, he could be out three or four months."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT