ADVERTISEMENT

Kendal Briles

Get2Paydirt

Four-star recruit
Sep 26, 2017
Team putting on an offensive clinic in Championship game. If not Houston, I would take a chance here with Briles if hes interested. Offensive players are going to want to play in his system period, regardless of baggage. Kiffin may wanna keep him though.

Has there been any developments on anyone?

I think Briles would be awesome. I know there is baggage but he could definitely bring players and an exciting offense.

Briles is what UTEP needs, butI think our only chance at him is if Kiffin leaves to another school after this season and FAU hires someone else. If Kiffin returns to FAU next season, Briles has a good chance at taking over for Kiffin, and I don't see him waning to leave FAU this season.

I would say after a conference championship FAU's assistants just got some pretty hefty wage increases coming their way. I would guess, they had something in their contracts in case this happened.

Latest coaching rumor is Kiffin in the mix to Tennessee. If UTEP has a prayer at landing Briles, they'd better make a move 'cause Briles WILL go wth him (or anywhere else Kiffin lands). Quickly. Said it before, KB has inroads in every HS in Texas, not a coach who wouldn't return his call. As OC at Baylor and now at FAU under Kiffin, this guy put up stupid crazy numbers, he could put UTEP on the map about like Kiffin has done at FAU. I'd bring him in and give him 500K to get the best available DC out there. Briles will do the rest with the offense.

I would say high risk, high reward, but not sure what the downside Briles would be for a program like UTEP. If you can get him.

Kendal Briles is a heck of an OC and would be a splash hire both in positive and negative ways. I mean, let's face it, if he was hired by UTEP there would be lots of pub in both extremes but he would likely be very good for the FB program.

Then there is the fact that when Price was hired, Natalicio had to be convinced by Stull and Price that he was not really the reprobate that was on display at Alabama and that he would walk the straight and narrow while coaching at UTEP. Would Senter be able to persuade her for Briles since he worked for his father and likely had some inside info on what was happening at Baylor?

Kendal Briles is a heck of an OC and would be a splash hire both in positive and negative ways. I mean, let's face it, if he was hired by UTEP there would be lots of pub in both extremes but he would likely be very good for the FB program.

Then there is the fact that when Price was hired, Natalicio had to be convinced by Stull and Price that he was not really the reprobate that was on display at Alabama and that he would walk the straight and narrow while coaching at UTEP. Would Senter be able to persuade her for Briles since he worked for his father and likely had some inside info on what was happening at Baylor?

I understand your point. I've said before, provide some support your innuendos and I'll be the first to dog pile the guy.

George Patton once said, "Soldiers like to play on winning teams." Football players do, too. Briles would be a magnet for football talent, players would want to play for him for the exact opposite reason they wouldn't give Kugler a sniff. He WILL be a HC, maybe even at FAU if Kiffin goes to Tennessee, then you can play AGAINST him. In one year, they turned FAU into C-USA champs and mud-stomped North Texas, the champion of the West.

P.S. If Senter has to "persuade" Natalicio of his pick for any head football coach, he probably took the wrong job.

Last edited:
So are most of us thinking its down to (assuming they would take the job)? These are the names I keep hearing:

Briles
Houston
Keeler
Yurcich

If Kendal is trying hard to get the UTEP job like the EP times stayed a few weeks back, it would be a no brainer to hire him. We can either hire him and watch him first hand turn this program around and bring excitement to the program, or we can watch him turn another program around and say “what if”.

So are most of us thinking its down to (assuming they would take the job)? These are the names I keep hearing:

Briles
Houston
Keeler
Yurcich
Is Houston still in the mix?? I keep hearing that Houston is pretty much out of the mix:(

Pay the man. He is making 375k plus incentives at JMU. I’m sure around 850k should seal the deal with him. Give him $3 per ticket sold if you have to.

I wouldn't mind this hire or the Offensive Coordinator at Ok St. Yurcich, who also has Texas Recruiting ties and runs an Amazing Offensive as well.
1ifvcd.jpg

Yup. Him and Keeler are my top two.

Reactions: nattybry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT