ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin hired at FAU

You could tell Kiffin was gone when Saban gave him an "ass chewing". Kiffin thinks too highly of himself to be treated like that.

Obviously Saban didn't want him back.

Negative. Kiffin wanted to be a head coach again. No need to jump to a big program again. Start at a small one with a high ceiling and take what he learned from Saban. Mix it with his coaching and see how it goes. It's win-win for him. If he's successful (which he will be), he'll bounce to another job. If he isn't, he'll get another OC job.

It's a major win for FAU because Kiffin is a hellava recruiter. That Florida talent pool is rich. He'll pull a few kids from the majors because they'll get a chance to play right away. Even more, FAU is suddenly the hot ticket in the CUSA.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaserCoog
You could tell Kiffin was gone when Saban gave him an "ass chewing". Kiffin thinks too highly of himself to be treated like that.

Double negative. Saban chews out his assistants more often than you think. Nothing new in that category.

Agree it is nothing new in that category, but it is something new for Kiffin. To be publicly chewed out on national television, then have the coach talk about it after the game, that is not something Kiffin enjoyed. Anyone with half a brain knew he was leaving Bama as soon as the season was over. Not to mention Saban and Kiffin personality wise are like polar opposites. It was never going to work long term.

Reactions: UTEP05
The F_U schools both made great hires. I'm getting angrier thinking about our coaching situation.

Reactions: UTEP05
His hiring is a CUSA game changer, but you must remember, so was the hiring of Mike Price. Kiffin will energize that school and surrounding community for sure. Kiffin will bring in some top caliber recruits but it takes years to establish as a state contender, than a national one; UTAH and Boise State are great examples, so let's not be giving FIU or FAU the eastern crown just yet. Marshall had a down year, but they will be back as will Southern Miss who underachieved after they took UTEP behind the wood shed for a beat down. But until then Western Kentucky is the big dawg and is committed to a strong football program.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
His hiring is a CUSA game changer, but you must remember, so was the hiring of Mike Price. "

Mike Price and Kiffin are 2 totally different situations.Kiffen didn't get fired. Mike Price was not a game changer. Hiring price was not a popular move. Price had baggage Kifffen doesn't.

According to the article LSU was offering him around 2 million to be their OC. He took a huge pay cut to be the HC of FAU.

Just wait til that prick realizes he's got to come back to the Sun Bowl -- haha.

Agree it is nothing new in that category, but it is something new for Kiffin. To be publicly chewed out on national television, then have the coach talk about it after the game, that is not something Kiffin enjoyed. Anyone with half a brain knew he was leaving Bama as soon as the season was over. Not to mention Saban and Kiffin personality wise are like polar opposites. It was never going to work long term.

lol. True. But humiliation wise, being fired on the runway (sort of) at LAX after getting blown out by ASU was far worse than getting chewed out by Saban on national tv. lol.

Mike Price and Kiffin are 2 totally different situations.Kiffen didn't get fired. Mike Price was not a game changer. Hiring price was not a popular move. Price had baggage Kifffen doesn't.

Like hell he wasn't. Houston didn't invite UTEP to their bowl his first year because El Paso made (and still do) the best enchiladas in Texas! Fans are disgusted with him because he under performed over his tenure, and rightly so. Sure he's at EP Country Club right now smoking a Cuban on the back 9 and can care less about fans like us, but facts are facts and he did a lot of good for UTEP.

Oh and by the way, hiring Price was a popular move. A former member on here by the name of "nineteenrabbit" started an online petition to hire him on this very site.....the list was huge.

Kiffin will be at FAU no more than 2 seasons. Not saying it can't be done, but it's difficult to be a game (program) changer in that short amount of time.

Lane Kiffin just landed former 5 star QB DeAndre Johnson:

aU3ienH.gif

Lane Kiffin just landed former 5 star QB DeAndre Johnson:

aU3ienH.gif
Wow that dude has no chill! In all reality that's either one tough lady or one weak cross. A sucker punch like that should have knocked her out cold. F$?T that dude.

Hey Laser, email me so I can buy you a beer in Vegas.

I'll be the guy in red at the black jack table at the Golden Nugget with a couple of babes on each arm sharing a few liquid Mexicans hangin' with Tilman Fertitta.

Okay, seriously, I'm taking my new trophy bride and we're staying at the honeymoon suite at Caesar's Palace. May/may not make the game.

Okay, seriously, I'll be with my wife of 40 years staying at Motel 6 in Henderson playing nickel slots. Will definitely make the game.

Check your email...

P.S. We're a LOT of fun to party with - before 9:00 p.m.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT