ADVERTISEMENT

LaTech pregame thread

Dimel 24
LaTech 27

Perfect game to don the paper sack over your head for those who attend.

Players have given up. Fans have given up.

actual attendees 2356
announced attendees 18542

Fire Dimel!
Fire Senter!

Last edited:
Dimel 24
LaTech 27

Perfect game to don the paper sack over your head for those who attend.

Players have given up. Fans have given up.

actual attendees 2356
announced attendees 18542

Fire Dimel!
Fire Senter!
There will never only be 2,000 fans in attendance at a Utep game ever no matter how poor they are. I've been to rain games during 0-12 and 1-11 seasons and it wasn't that low. Will never happen in EP

There will never only be 2,000 fans in attendance at a Utep game ever no matter how poor they are. I've been to rain games during 0-12 and 1-11 seasons and it wasn't that low. Will never happen in EP
What a compliment of UTEPs football program! I’m happy you’re so proud of that fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Maybe not announced attendance but there has definitely been some empty nights at the Sun Bowl. The one that stands out the most to me is the UTsA game in 15. Could count by hand everyone there.

Maybe not announced attendance but there has definitely been some empty nights at the Sun Bowl. The one that stands out the most to me is the UTsA game in 15. Could count by hand everyone there.
Was it ever that bad even in the 80s? I remember some super empty games under Nord. I’ll never forget sitting 1/2 way up near the band and I could hear the coaches screaming from the opposite side of the field and the snap count.

Was it ever that bad even in the 80s? I remember some super empty games under Nord. I’ll never forget sitting 1/2 way up near the band and I could hear the coaches screaming from the opposite side of the field and the snap count.
Under Dimel we’ve had the most announced crowds of 10k that I’ve ever seen alive. You have to wonder. Did 10k really show up or was it more like 1/4 maybe 1/2 of that. As crazy as it sounds, if we keep this trajectory, crowds of under 5k aren’t that far away.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Under Dimel we’ve had the most announced crowds of 10k that I’ve ever seen alive. You have to wonder. Did 10k really show up or was it more like 1/4 maybe 1/2 of that. As crazy as it sounds, if we keep this trajectory, crowds of under 5k aren’t that far away.
After the Miners beat BYU in 85, they hosted the Lobos the next week, almost 33k. Next two home games (UH & SDSU) had 12,910 and 10,876.

Anyone have game photos from the ‘85 SDSU game? UTEP claims 22k for the BYU game, but no way it was that many either.

this game has the feel of another complete blowout from LA Tech...
UTEP only chance is for LA Tech to bring only bring 22 players with them...
Friday night lights in EP ... could it bring out a crowd of around 20K?

Paul Millsap U: 28
Cardiac Hill U: 17
faba4a76a17b9a599da6e82b8bdfa66e_crop_exact.jpg

Jon Taffer shut it down! Fire Senter! Fire Dimel! Fire no hat wearing Paydirt Pete!

if you are heading to the game, be prepared for 🌧 and possibly ⚡🌩 delays.
LA Tech is -1.5 point favorite (o50.5) according to vegasinsider.com.

Too much going with UTEP injury and confidence wise to think UTEP comes out and plays well. This is a bounce back spot in the betting world for UTEP, but without Smith and struggling WRs on a short week it’s hard to back the Miners.

LA Techs run defense is horrible, I’d expect Burgess to have a more than 80 yards, but LA Tech will put up points and should carve up UTEP’s secondary with explosives.

Also why is the media not asking about Spriggs the UTSA transfer?

LA Tech 31
UTEP 21

Bet a higher than normal risk amount on LA Tech as a PK. Vegas and my book keeps getting UTEP wrong, I have Tech as a 9.5 point favorite.

if you are heading to the game, be prepared for 🌧 and possibly ⚡🌩 delays.
LA Tech is -1.5 point favorite (o50.5) according to vegasinsider.com.
Terry Bradshaw U. 24
Don Maynard U. 21

If we could see clearly
What we were beside
If there was no desperation
Would we be alive?

If there were no windows
That we sit inside
If there was no ugly feelings
Would we be alive?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT