ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk FAU

It is a kick and not a change of possession until after possession by the receiving team. So this was still a kick. Only question is did Praise participate. 50/50 call

It is a kick and not a change of possession until after possession by the receiving team. So this was still a kick. Only question is did Praise participate. 50/50 call
Thanks, I wasn't sure how the rules worked on blocked kicks and possession.

The BS PAT call might have ended up helping us in the long run. If we had been up by 3 Dimel would have gone super conservative on our last possession and we would have probably punted to FAU, giving their offense a chance to win. Instead we needed to score and responded with an amazing drive.

I’m curious how you’d even find that rule. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt, that’s a bogus rule, imo.

The play ‘after the miss’ had nothing to do with the miss. I’m assuming if you’re correct it’s because the offense still had the opportunity to score as well. That would be the only thing that makes sense.

Anyway…

I’m curious how you’d even find that rule. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt, that’s a bogus rule, imo.

The play ‘after the miss’ had nothing to do with the miss. I’m assuming if you’re correct it’s because the offense still had the opportunity to score as well. That would be the only thing that makes sense.

Anyway…
Still, Praise had zero bearing on the recovery, even placed his hands in the air and moved away, impeding no one. It was a BS call. But everything worked out in the end.

Still, Praise had zero bearing on the recovery, even placed his hands in the air and moved away, impeding no one. It was a BS call. But everything worked out in the end.
The rationale is that maybe, somehow, by running for a couple of seconds before throwing up his hands and backing off from the play, he maybe screened off the holder from participating in the recovery of the football. Because hypothetically, the holder could have picked up the football himself and somehow run it into the end zone and scored two points.

Reactions: denverutep
The rationale is that maybe, somehow, by running for a couple of seconds before throwing up his hands and backing off from the play, he maybe screened off the holder from participating in the recovery of the football. Because hypothetically, the holder could have picked up the football himself and somehow run it into the end zone and scored two points.
But the video shows that he interfered with no one, and purposefully took himself out of the play. I still call BS. Fortunately it was a moot point.

Correct

Anyway…

"If a player purposefully removes their helmet on the field in a college football game, they will be charged with a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. If the player's helmet is accidentally knocked off by an opponent during a play, there is no penalty as long as the player does not continue playing."

Attendance was 12,796.

With homecoming next week it should bring some more people to the game, but I would be surprised if attendance is over 15,000.

Attendance was 12,796.

With homecoming next week it should bring some more people to the game, but I would be surprised if attendance is over 15,000.
And this would be you if the attendance is even lower:

inglorious-basterds-call-me.gif

Because you’re a multiple handled, troll, hater — got it?

Nope, that's not me. This is my only handle, I'm not a troll, and I don't write hateful posts.

There always has to be that one person. UTEP has a good game and somebody has to post stupid comments.

Hardison has not thrown a pick at home all season, if UTEP takes care of the ball they win.

Give me UTEP +150 on the money line, Dimel is 7-2 ATS lifetime after a bye week. Taggart is 1-8-1 ATS lifetime after a win. UTEP defense shows up in front of 10k Orange and Blue faithful. LETS GO!!

UTEP 29 FAU 27
Lets ****ing go!! Had a shitty college football betting day but the Miners came through and made up for the negative start.

Ugly, but that’s Dimel’s game plan. Fugg it, it worked, team is way better than it’s showing but a big character win nonetheless.

Reactions: unihorn and JCorona
Lets ****ing go!! Had a shitty college football betting day but the Miners came through and made up for the negative start.

Ugly, but that’s Dimel’s game plan. Fugg it, it worked, team is way better than it’s showing but a big character win nonetheless.

How much did you put on UTEP?

Reactions: MinerFan79

What is so good too see is the ball security by Awatt and Hankins. They are protecting that rock extremely well.

Down side, Hardison needs to stop staring down his target.

The character award goes to O and D line. They got man handled in the first half but adjusted after half time and did the man handling. Who was the LB that ran down their fast footed qb like guard dog on a criminal during a critical drive? Wow'zers!

Couple of things from me:

1. Good win as it keeps our bowl hopes alive.

2. I'm thankful Dimel wasting 2 timeouts to punt didn't bite us in the but in the first half.

3. Letting FAU rekick after the field goal block is either the dumbest rule in football or worst officiating mistake ever made. These weird things only seem to happen to us.

4. I don't say much about our AD in here but I'm pissed at him for scheduling an October game at 2pm. This game was on ESPN+ so it was nothing to do with TV. Some fans are still working which negativity impacted attendance. Those that were there were sweating in the direct sun. October in El Paso is hot Jimmy boy, you're not in Idaho anymore. There are reasons we have historically played evening games in this city. This program has historically bad problems but you're trying to fix something we actually have done right.

5. Go Miners! Let's get to a bowl game

NCAA RULE 9.1.17 A player whose helmet comes off during a down may not continue to participate beyond the immediate action in which they are engaged.

It was a correct call
Thanks for the clarification. After thinking about it beyond the few minutes of frustration, going by the ‘letter of the law’ the call made sense.

4. I don't say much about our AD in here but I'm pissed at him for scheduling an October game at 2pm. This game was on ESPN+ so it was nothing to do with TV. Some fans are still working which negativity impacted attendance. Those that were there were sweating in the direct sun. October in El Paso is hot Jimmy boy, you're not in Idaho anymore. There are reasons we have historically played evening games in this city.
Is 2pm an “ideal” start time? Probably not, but the temperature was the same as it was for the kickoff for UNT. Luckily, that day was overcast and the game was delayed, but there was a “sell out” that night and had it been 100 degrees, it would have been sold out too.

If the game was at 6 or 7, how many more would have attended? 1,000? Some would rather attend during the day than at night and vice versa. It’s not UFC, kids sporting events, parties, the Chihuahuas, or whatever else. UTEP is the reason why there was 13,000 people there yesterday.

UTEP shit the bed when they begged fans for a sellout. The season hasn’t gone the way fans have expected either. Look at the crowd at the Stanford game yesterday. The economic climate will continue to have an impact on the small time events. Unless you have a big time matchup, fewer people are going to go now.

UTEP lost to UNT, UNM, and LaTech, that is the main reason why few went yesterday. There would have been 30,000 plus if UTEP was 5-2 or 6-1. I don’t like Senter either, but it’s not his fault it was a ghost town yesterday.

All this moaning about an afternoon start is BS. Back when we won the wac that game was an early start and the stadium was packed. The population of El Paso has increased since then.
El Paso as a sports town sucks. They will only go if it’s the “ in “ thing to do.

Is 2pm an “ideal” start time? Probably not, but the temperature was the same as it was for the kickoff for UNT. Luckily, that day was overcast and the game was delayed, but there was a “sell out” that night and had it been 100 degrees, it would have been sold out too.

If the game was at 6 or 7, how many more would have attended? 1,000? Some would rather attend during the day than at night and vice versa. It’s not UFC, kids sporting events, parties, the Chihuahuas, or whatever else. UTEP is the reason why there was 13,000 people there yesterday.

UTEP shit the bed when they begged fans for a sellout. The season hasn’t gone the way fans have expected either. Look at the crowd at the Stanford game yesterday. The economic climate will continue to have an impact on the small time events. Unless you have a big time matchup, fewer people are going to go now.

UTEP lost to UNT, UNM, and LaTech, that is the main reason why few went yesterday. There would have been 30,000 plus if UTEP was 5-2 or 6-1. I don’t like Senter either, but it’s not his fault it was a ghost town yesterday.
UNT was different because it was the first game of the season and there were expectations.

1000 fans more is still better than what we had.

Yes we all know the season hasn't gone the way we wanted, this isn't news. I have said this multiple times as have others.

I don't understand the Stanford reference because I couldn't care less about them or care to look into their attendance.

The point was that 7pm is a better start than 2pm, it just isn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT