ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk FAU

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Dimel today described them like they’re Ohio State.

ESPN matchup predictor points to a FAU win.

Line is FAU -4.

Are we going to lose this game?

The Miners had an extra week to prepare and should be well rested. This is a must win for Dimel and the team. Let’s see if the team comes out hungry after the disappointing loss against La Tech. With Dimel you just never know which team will show up.

Dimel today described them like they’re Ohio State.

ESPN matchup predictor points to a FAU win.

Line is FAU -4.

Are we going to lose this game?
We don't know which utep team will show up, so it's hard to say. We win if the utep team that smashed Boise comes to play. If it's the team that lost to UNM, then it'll be an embarrassing loss.

I just read the transcript and it was disturbing. He said he hasn't talked about getting bowl eligible but it would be a "neat accomplishment". I don't feel in year 5 6-6 is an accomplishment. It would be salvaging a disappointing year from being a disaster. If he falls short of six wins and only wins 5 he will have matched the Kugler's 5 year win total. Nobody thinks that is an accomplishment. What's more disturbing is you can tell he feels no pressure from short bus Senter to salvage this season. He's a man with unwarranted job security. It would be really "neat" if we had a coach who realized a losing season is unacceptable. It would also be nice if we had an AD who didn't eat paint chips and had leadership qualities that extended beyond tweeting bible verses and motivational quotes.

The Miners had an extra week to prepare and should be well rested. This is a must win for Dimel and the team. Let’s see if the team comes out hungry after the disappointing loss against La Tech. With Dimel you just never know which team will show up.
I don't think Dimel has a great record after bye weeks, at least not while at UTEP. I'm too lazy to check his record though. Maybe one of our neighborhood truthers can do us the honor.

Reactions: denverutep
It's going to be a ghost town at the game. The early start normally doesn't bring out a lot of people and there is zero incentive for the non-hardcore fans to attend the game.

FAU 30
UTEP 20

I'll be the Debbie Downer... FAU wins by 10-17 points. A few reasons, 1, coming off a bye week... Has not been too pretty for UTEP, 2, Dimel calls his own plays. 3, FAU has a better coach, and finally, 4 UTEP will continue to abandon the run... Hope I'm wrong, but Dimel sucks.

I just read the transcript and it was disturbing. He said he hasn't talked about getting bowl eligible but it would be a "neat accomplishment". I don't feel in year 5 6-6 is an accomplishment. It would be salvaging a disappointing year from being a disaster. If he falls short of six wins and only wins 5 he will have matched the Kugler's 5 year win total. Nobody thinks that is an accomplishment. What's more disturbing is you can tell he feels no pressure from short bus Senter to salvage this season. He's a man with unwarranted job security. It would be really "neat" if we had a coach who realized a losing season is unacceptable. It would also be nice if we had an AD who didn't eat paint chips and had leadership qualities that extended beyond tweeting bible verses and motivational quotes.
Doesn't help, that Senter openly advertises UTEP can't buy out Dimel...

Reactions: FarWestTexas
They are super explosive on offense and in the run game, third most runs over 10 yards or more in CUSA and third in rushing plays over 20 yards, 4th overall in overall plays from scrimmage over 10 yards, they remind me a lot of North Texas, think Vegas has it right.

UTEP is impossible to predict this season, but this is one that they need to win.

The defense can't give up three touchdowns on the first three drives again. UTEP's offense is built as a ball-control offense, which requires a good defense. We saw it work to perfection against Boise.

UTEP wins at home after the bye in a game they need. Hardison only throws 18 passes and we run for over 200. Still close though.

Miners 27
Owls 24

Reactions: mikesarabia
FAU is looking at this as an absolute must win for bowl eligible status as well with UTEP and FIU (which can put them at 5) within the next few weeks. After FIU they can get 6 against a very red hot or freezing cold MTSU squad. I doubt they can beat UAB and WKU?

UTEP can beat FAU. This is totally winnable. The problem is which UTEP team shows up? Once again I fall back on Dimel's HC history.

UTEP 23
Them 31

“Be smart with the ball. Call the plays that are efficient for us where (we) don't take as high a risk….”-Coach Dimel
UTEP football team looks to solve turnover woes

They are super explosive on offense and in the run game, third most runs over 10 yards or more in CUSA and third in rushing plays over 20 yards, 4th overall in overall plays from scrimmage over 10 yards, they remind me a lot of North Texas, think Vegas has it right.
Hardison has not thrown a pick at home all season, if UTEP takes care of the ball they win.

Give me UTEP +150 on the money line, Dimel is 7-2 ATS lifetime after a bye week. Taggart is 1-8-1 ATS lifetime after a win. UTEP defense shows up in front of 10k Orange and Blue faithful. LETS GO!!

UTEP 29 FAU 27

“Be smart with the ball. Call the plays that are efficient for us where (we) don't take as high a risk….”-Coach Dimel
UTEP football team looks to solve turnover woes

Easier said than done. By being safe you risk being one dimensional.

Reactions: unihorn
Hardison has not thrown a pick at home all season, if UTEP takes care of the ball they win.

Give me UTEP +150 on the money line, Dimel is 7-2 ATS lifetime after a bye week. Taggart is 1-8-1 ATS lifetime after a win. UTEP defense shows up in front of 10k Orange and Blue faithful. LETS GO!!

UTEP 29 FAU 27
Taggart shit his own bed at FSU. Of course, Dimel has never not shit his own bed.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Easier said than done. By being safe you risk being one dimensional.
This is going to be a hard fought game. Both coaches are very inconsistent. FAU can get big runs. UTEP can get big pass plays when Hardison is on target (and not forcing his throws). FAU has their best D lineman back, Sophmore-Evan Anderson, who gave Rice problems last week with three qb sacks. However, FAU did beat a much improved Rice squad. UTEP got much needed rest. Bocal Raton fishwrap news say FAU stinks on the road.

Both teams are basically a mirror image of each other, you don't know which team is going to show up? When both are hot, they are streaky and can move the ball and punch it in; however, neither play a complete game for four quarters.

This could be a boring, keep it on the ground type game that only the serious football analyst and fan of either team would care to glance over. Not quite a pillow fight because both have a achievable path to a low tier bowl, but neither are a threat to their respective divisional crowns.

Either with the least TO's and penalties, wins.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
going to be a tough game for the Miners. I look for a shoot out, with an OT winning 3 pointer.
If you can get to this game its going to be real barn burner and is worth your time.
Flying Miners 41
FAU 38

Personally I can't stand when coaches talk up other teams. Is FAU better than Boise St?
I agree, but really those stories are fluff and filler like when the coach says the team "will be ready" for the next game. They talk up the opponent to avoid bulletin board material. I remember Nord getting trash talk thrown back in his face too often.

Reactions: MinerFan79
It's going to be a ghost town at the game. The early start normally doesn't bring out a lot of people and there is zero incentive for the non-hardcore fans to attend the game.

FAU 30
UTEP 20

I hope it’s more than that. Surely the season ticket holders and the usual folks who get free tickets from the university will still be there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT