ADVERTISEMENT

McNeese St @ Utep MBB

groundrounds

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2017
The Mountains of New Mexico
I'm starting this thread early because I'm board. So let's get on with it.

I dedicate this post to my friend, miner1liner, because he'll get to see his favorite underdog players get some extended minutes. Onyema, Saterfield, Giffa and Maring are gonna get some clock time. Bieniemy will get a few minutes to get his head recalibrated.

Game is Thursday, Dec 16 at 7 PM at the Don, CUSA TV and radio is the usual culprits.

The McNeese St Cowboys are 3-7 with wins against Champion Christian, Carver College and St Francis College Brooklyn. They've been clobbered by SMU, TCU, LSU and Samford.

This will be a good exercise for Golding to rotate players and try different combinations.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
And then we go to UAB to start conference play. I loved that triple OT game a few years ago but this may be our last conference game with them. Got any early thought about that one?

Last edited:
I'm starting this thread early because I'm board. So let's get on with it.

I dedicate this post to my friend, miner1liner, because he'll get to see his favorite underdog players get some extended minutes. Onyema, Saterfield, Giffa and Maring are gonna get some clock time. Bieniemy will get a few minutes to get his head recalibrated.

Game is Thursday, Dec 16 at 7 PM at the Don, CUSA TV and radio is the usual culprits.

The McNeese St Cowboys are 3-7 with wins against Champion Christian, Carver College and St Francis College Brooklyn. They've been clobbered by SMU, TCU, LSU and Samford.

This will be a good exercise for Golding to rotate players and try different combinations.
Thanks Round. Hope you're right about Saterfield and Bonke. Never had any notions about Giffa or Onyema. Hope Bieniemy is good to go and Sibley as well.
My feel for this outing is about UTEP 81 Mc Neese 63.

I will say UTEP 80 McNeese 60.

The UAB game will be tough. Andy Kennedy has done a great job since he got there. Doesn’t look good for the Miners, but I thought the same thing against the Lobos.

Reactions: miner1liner
I want to see KK run the point again and I want to see big KK finish strong around the rim. Let Satterfield play the 3 and Sibley the 4. These guys need to keep contributing before conference hits.

I want to see KK run the point again and I want to see big KK finish strong around the rim. Let Satterfield play the 3 and Sibley the 4. These guys need to keep contributing before conference hits.
Looking for Satterfield to have a break out game, like Sibley did against NMSU. This team is desperate for a another contributor on the offensive end and some kind of consistency outside besides Boum.
Agree 100%.
So, axing, that would be K to the 4th power. I'd love to see Kalu break out of his shell and quit fouling so much.
Mosquito, this should be a great game for Saterfield to get some confidence and Sibley to keep growing.
Gonna be a fun game to watch. I hope there isn't too much buffering. Grrr...

I can hardly stand that Agnew is given the green light to shoot the 3. He’s dipped under 10% on the season. Gawd damn awful.

Started the night at 10% from deep. Already 0-3. Golding?!?

Damn, our crowd looks minuscule.

I think it’s time to do what UH did and shrink the Don to about 8500-9000.
No thanks. Senter will just raise prices to pay for the cost and since there’s less seats, “you can charge more for them”. All so we can watch UTEP struggle with McNeese and Riverside.

I don’t know what Memorial Gym’s occupancy is but I’d guess no more than 4K by the looks of it the other night.
I believe Memorial “isn’t suited” for basketball anymore. UTEP wouldn’t put any money towards reversing that. No reason why games like this shouldn’t be played there otherwise. Especially considering the expectations this year.

I don’t know what Memorial Gym’s occupancy is but I’d guess no more than 4K by the looks of it the other night.
Yeah we don’t need to go that small. If we do, the increase of ticket prices to compensate will be VERY high. Scarcity and spending $$ for coaches etc

Yeah we don’t need to go that small. If we do, the increase of ticket prices to compensate will be VERY high. Scarcity and spending $$ for coaches etc
Agree. But I do think 8500-9000 would be about right.

Assuming we could get back up to 5-6K on any given night.

Reactions: JCorona
To Round, Fanatico, Axing and others. It's exciting to see Saterfield, Maring and Sibley contribute to this awesome exhibition. Boum and Agnew are a combined 4 for 18.
Golding had better perform some quick Diagnostics.
So much for our lopsided margins of victory
predictions
Wow!

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Maybe it’s just overreaction on my part, but I’m not so sure we want to join the club with Carver College, Champion Christian and St. Francis College Brooklyn as the only teams that have lost to McNeese State.
We’ve lost to Chicago St, Maryland Eastern Shore, Northwestern St, and Norfolk St before. Nobody will care next year.

Maybe it’s just overreaction on my part, but I’m not so sure we want to join the club with Carver College, Champion Christian and St. Francis College Brooklyn as the only teams that have lost to McNeese State.
Not having Verhoeven under the basket is a problem with their 7 plus footer. But, putting Kalu and Maring in at the same time could be a big mistake. But...what if?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT